Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I hate kaiser!

TheRainman,

Quote Originally Posted by TheRainman
    Bob

You hit the nail right on the head. I'm tired of all these foreigners coming here and using our system to support them.
    I assume you're referring to my quote below.

Quote Originally Posted by bob clark
    PS. Those damn Palestinians are invading our country right and left trying to steal our great healthcare benefits.
    The above is commonly known as sarcasm.

You asked me a question without answering the one I posed to you first. I'll ask it again so we can keep our discourse going.

"What's your opinion on the over 3 billion dollars that we give to Israel each year in foreign aid to help them build even more illegal settlements on Palestinian land (The West Bank)?"

Back to your current post.

Now with that said. I don't think sym's husband is doing that so I don't have a problem with them.
    That's a relief. I sure wouldn't want you to have anymore than your fair share of life's problems. Isn't it nice to have a homeland to call your own, especially one that has the lowest rate of taxation in the Western world? The price of living in a civilized society is having the opportunity, some may consider it a luxury, to pay taxes. Just because you don't like "your" tax dollars going to a cause that you don't particularly approve of, is just too damn bad. I can only suggest that you vote for whoever you believe will legislate in your best interest. Or better yet, run for political office, get elected and then try to change the tax code yourself. We don't get to cherry-pick where our tax dollars go, we can only hope they go to the causes that we as individuals approve of.

If we didn't live in a civilized society, the weak and infirm would be the first to go. You'd be right up there at the top of the list with the rest of us gimps.

Oh bob, how much did you pay in taxes last year?
    Answer my question first.

Ya, I like to give away other peoples money too.
    I assume the above quote is a bit of sarcasm. See, you know what it is. Who is giving away other people's money? Your taxes aren't your money. Taxes are the government's money and if you don't like it I can recommend that you buy yourself an island, free of any outside jurisdiction and have a grand old time. But you better be prepared to protect it or someone stronger than you can just throw you and your wheelchair into the water and keep it for themselves and there's no 9-1-1 for you to call for help. Taxes pay for the 9-1-1 service we enjoy. I'll take a stab at it and bet that you don't mind paying taxes for a service such as the 9-1-1 system because you, as a quadriplegic, will more than likely need that service more than the average able-bodied taxpayer will. But I digress. Of course you could apply to the U.N. and perhaps become a recognized sovereign nation, pay your fair share of U.N. dues and then pay to build yourself an army and navy large enough to fend off aggressors. But I think you'll find it a lot cheaper (and the whole gist of your participation in this thread is about money) just to pay your fair share of taxes here in the U.S. and stop bellyaching about where your tax dollars are going. Or bellyache all you want... it's a "free" country.

Perhaps I'm not the one who should call this to your attention but since it's in your reply to me I will. Don't you think that you're taking undue courtesy license referring to symmetry's husband as "sym's husband"? If nothing else, then just an obversation of mine.

Bob.
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

I assume you're referring to my quote below.

yes

"What's your opinion on the over 3 billion dollars that we give to Israel each year in foreign aid to help them build even more illegal settlements on Palestinian land (The West Bank)?"

I really don't have a problem with that because we do that for security reasons. The jews over there are the only ones you can deal with reasonably.

The price of living in a civilized society is having the opportunity, some may consider it a luxury, to pay taxes. Just because you don't like "your" tax dollars going to a cause that you don't particularly approve of, is just too damn bad. I can only suggest that you vote for whoever you believe will legislate in your best interest. Or better yet, run for political office, get elected and then try to change the tax code yourself. We don't get to cherry-pick where our tax dollars go, we can only hope they go to the causes that we as individuals approve of.

I know I can't do anything about where my tax dollars go. But I can complain about it. It is free. And I don't want it going to people who are distroying our society like the illegal immigrants.

If we didn't live in a civilized society, the weak and infirm would be the first to go. You'd be right up there at the top of the list with the rest of us gimps.

I have no problem supporting American gimps. They deserve the funds because they and their families are supporting the system.

I assume the above quote is a bit of sarcasm. See, you know what it is. Who is giving away other people's money? Your taxes aren't your money. Taxes are the government's money and if you don't like it I can recommend that you buy yourself an island, free of any outside jurisdiction and have a grand old time. But you better be prepared to protect it or someone stronger than you can just throw you and your wheelchair into the water and keep it for themselves and there's no 9-1-1 for you to call for help. Taxes pay for the 9-1-1 service we enjoy. I'll take a stab at it and bet that you don't mind paying taxes for a service such as the 9-1-1 system because you, as a quadriplegic, will more than likely need that service more than the average able-bodied taxpayer will. But I digress. Of course you could apply to the U.N. and perhaps become a recognized sovereign nation, pay your fair share of U.N. dues and then pay to build yourself an army and navy large enough to fend off aggressors. But I think you'll find it a lot cheaper (and the whole gist of your participation in this thread is about money) just to pay your fair share of taxes here in the U.S. and stop bellyaching about where your tax dollars are going. Or bellyache all you want... it's a "free" country.

Perhaps I'm not the one who should call this to your attention but since it's in your reply to me I will. Don't you think that you're taking undue courtesy license referring to symmetry's husband as "sym's husband"? If nothing else, then just an obversation of mine.

Bob.[/quote]

Speaking of unfair and deceptive trade practices do you think that this outfit that provides free insurance quotes is above board or just a scam? Does anyone know if they're reputable or an outfit to stay away from? Who is a reputable insurer that provides good coverage and pays out on claims? Insights anyone?