Thread: Anyone looking for a new and caring caregiver?

Anyone looking for a new and caring caregiver?

Never having done this, I’m a bit in the dark, but I’d like to post a request:

Angela is a dear friend of ours. She is Brasilian, in her late 40’s, and is an LVN. Whenever I travel to Brasil, she is my full-time caregiver, giving my wife a needed break for the time we are there, usually every summer for a couple months.

This is a deeply caring and sympathetic woman who very much wants to come to the United States and work as a caregiver for a para- or quadriplegic. She has asked me to post a thread here at CareCure asking if anyone needs or knows of someone who is looking for a caregiver. Certainly, as I’ve told Angela, many American plegics who would ‘qualify’ for such needs already have caregivers, and the process of bringing in a foreign nurse may prove difficult, something I have never done nor have any experience in. Angela is undaunted and quite patient, understands it is not an overnight process and will do what it takes in Brasil to take care of her end.

My experience with her, and other foreign caregivers, is that they generally exhibit a greater empathy and patience than cynical, burnt-out Americans. Generally; every person is different, of course.

Angela speaks fair-to-good English, is very intelligent, humorous, a beautiful soul, and yes, a gorgeous, effervescent Brasilian. I’ve agreed to help her, as there are so few real opportunities for advancement in Brasil and, even working full-time as a care provider, the wages are pitiful.

Thus, I am going to help her find work here in the states. This is not some money-making, ‘pay me a huge fee’ foreign date service scam; freaks and perverts will be weeded out, I assure you! What I’m asking is that the person chosen be willing to go through the necessary paperwork shuffle in order to bring her in, and that, if you have an interest, you are financially stable and have the means to provide a wage and boarding for her.

Please PM me with information about yourself, your injury and general condition and lifestyle, and we will begin from there. I will not be posting a photo of Angela here, though if you prove to be sincere, I will send photos and put you in touch with her.
    vgrafen

My book, 'Scouring the globe for a cure: a disabled man's experiences with stem cell treatment' is available at Booklocker at the following address:

www.booklocker.com/books/2857.html

A percentage of every sale goes to CareCure.

V,

Thanks for contributing this information to the CareCure Community!
    Rock bottom is relative to how high you bounce when you hit.
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

This could be a great chance for an American to get a highly recommended caregiver and help someone achieve their dream in one fell swoop. Me likey.

She sounds like a dream come true! Is she interested in looking after the elderly, or only SCIs? Angela might fit nicely in a family looking to keep an elderly parent in their home too. We need people like her, who can help us keep ourselves, or our parents in their home. Thank you for posting this.

vgrafen you have your private messages disabled and I have questions for you...

Wink Caregivers wanted

We are looking for live-in or out caregivers for an assisted living homes with special license for the mentally ill. Location: Indian River County and Brevard County. Please contact Anne Frost 9300 north A1A, suite 101, Vero Beach, florida 32963 or e-mail frostwinn@bellsouth.net

Quote Originally Posted by vgrafen
    Never having done this, I’m a bit in the dark, but I’d like to post a request:

Angela is a dear friend of ours. She is Brasilian, in her late 40’s, and is an LVN. Whenever I travel to Brasil, she is my full-time caregiver, giving my wife a needed break for the time we are there, usually every summer for a couple months.

This is a deeply caring and sympathetic woman who very much wants to come to the United States and work as a caregiver for a para- or quadriplegic. She has asked me to post a thread here at CareCure asking if anyone needs or knows of someone who is looking for a caregiver. Certainly, as I’ve told Angela, many American plegics who would ‘qualify’ for such needs already have caregivers, and the process of bringing in a foreign nurse may prove difficult, something I have never done nor have any experience in. Angela is undaunted and quite patient, understands it is not an overnight process and will do what it takes in Brasil to take care of her end.

My experience with her, and other foreign caregivers, is that they generally exhibit a greater empathy and patience than cynical, burnt-out Americans. Generally; every person is different, of course.

Angela speaks fair-to-good English, is very intelligent, humorous, a beautiful soul, and yes, a gorgeous, effervescent Brasilian. I’ve agreed to help her, as there are so few real opportunities for advancement in Brasil and, even working full-time as a care provider, the wages are pitiful.

Thus, I am going to help her find work here in the states. This is not some money-making, ‘pay me a huge fee’ foreign date service scam; freaks and perverts will be weeded out, I assure you! What I’m asking is that the person chosen be willing to go through the necessary paperwork shuffle in order to bring her in, and that, if you have an interest, you are financially stable and have the means to provide a wage and boarding for her.

Please PM me with information about yourself, your injury and general condition and lifestyle, and we will begin from there. I will not be posting a photo of Angela here, though if you prove to be sincere, I will send photos and put you in touch with her.

McLovin, I'm inept with computers, so if you wish to ask some questions, write me at vgrafen@hotmail.com
    vgrafen

My book, 'Scouring the globe for a cure: a disabled man's experiences with stem cell treatment' is available at Booklocker at the following address:

www.booklocker.com/books/2857.html

A percentage of every sale goes to CareCure.

vgrafen,

I sent you two emails to the address you posted. The first one was sent during "work time" so it didn't have to much info. The second tells a little more about us. The emails will be from jkostanski@google.com Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Jeremy

Get ahold of KKmay I could see him being interested. This is something he's been looking for...
    Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

Unique idea Vgrafen

Vgrafen,

Very interesting idea you propose. I’ve been injured 18 years, c5-c6, and have lived fairly independently in my own home for about 14 years now. I have a caregiver mornings and rely on a roommate for some assistance evenings. I have considered having a live-in, but have some reservations. As you probably know, it is very difficult to find a reliable person to suit our needs. I am exploring this idea and am looking at availability to accommodate someone by this time next year. I’m curious about the particulars —i.e., paperwork, wages, screening, etc. please feel free to post or email direct (given on my profile.) I have a desire to travel again; it seems that most caretakers I can find have other obligations. Looking forward to talking to you.

-Kris