Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goats' Milk Is More Beneficial To Health Than Cows' Milk, Study Suggests

Goats' Milk Is More Beneficial To Health Than Cows' Milk, Study Suggests

Source: University of Granada
    Date: July 31, 2007

Goats' Milk Is More Beneficial To Health Than Cows' Milk, Study Suggests
    Science Daily — Researchers have carried out a comparative study on the properties of goats' milk compared to those of cows' milk. They found reason to believe that goats' milk could help prevent diseases such as anemia and bone demineralization. Goats' milk was found to help with the digestive and metabolic utilization of minerals such as iron, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium.

Research carried out at the Department of Physiology of the University of Granada has revealed that goat milk has more beneficial properties to health than cow milk. Among these properties it helps to prevent ferropenic anaemia (iron deficiency) and bone demineralisation (softening of the bones)....

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0730100229.htm

Anyone ever tasted goats milk?

I'll have to pass this info on to my daughter. They got a few goats a couple of years ago for their boys and last year two of them had little ones, one had twins. So, right now they are able to milk the one goat. The one with twins does'nt have enough to share.

She's been using the milk in cooking and the boys love the fudge she's been making. I personally have never tasted goats milk.

Haven't had goat's milk (prefer soy), but goat cheese is good.

Blog Entries
    It's good, used it interchangably growing up as it was freely available.
    I am a vegan now and as the implication- use NO milk, I drink soy. But along the lines of your other post regarding milk and health, which I chose NOT to enter, you can't give valuable info to those who REFUSE to change, goat's milk doesn't have the high protein associated with cowmilk and hence doesn't contribute as much to the TOO high protein diet of westerners. Which causes aborsorbtion reduction and leaching of calcium from bones. As you already know.
    Why not try soy, rice or some other nut-based milk? You will find that they are way better for you and IF you have any taste aversion, like all things, give it about a month and you will love it. I have a few book(same book, multiple copies) if you would like one, on making milk from a variety of things but it is essentially the same process for all of them.
    I drank SILK brand soymilk for years, but switched to the wally whirled brand last year as it's about 40 cents cheaper per carton. Both are certified organic.

Quote Originally Posted by CapnGimp
    It's good, used it interchangably growing up as it was freely available.
    I am a vegan now and as the implication- use NO milk, I drink soy. But along the lines of your other post regarding milk and health, which I chose NOT to enter, you can't give valuable info to those who REFUSE to change, goat's milk doesn't have the high protein associated with cowmilk and hence doesn't contribute as much to the TOO high protein diet of westerners. Which causes aborsorbtion reduction and leaching of calcium from bones. As you already know.
    Why not try soy, rice or some other nut-based milk? You will find that they are way better for you and IF you have any taste aversion, like all things, give it about a month and you will love it. I have a few book(same book, multiple copies) if you would like one, on making milk from a variety of things but it is essentially the same process for all of them.
    I drank SILK brand soymilk for years, but switched to the wally whirled brand last year as it's about 40 cents cheaper per carton. Both are certified organic.
    I'm w/John/CapnGimp on Soy. I absolutely great big puffy heart lurve Silk Soy Milk. It has the best taste.

While I haven't gone totally vegan, I'm moving that way. Have pretty much dropped red meat unless I'm dining at a friend's or family member's house and that is what's served.

Maybe my healthier habits are catching on elsewhere in my family. A few prefer soy to animal milk, too, now.

Oh, I just posted it because its an interesting food related article, not looking for an alternative or anything but wondered what it tastes like. I've read for years that goats milk is healthier than cows milk, especially for those with lactose intolerances and its more culturally appropriate for most of the world's population. I do like soy milk, drank the vitasoy brand, and liked it but I don't really eat cereal anymore. Kudos on your vegan diet and pop in more often. Mem, love goats cheese too.

Smkymtn, I love goats. If I ever move to the country, I want 2 goats, 2 cats and a great dane.

goat's milk is better...i was raised on it, with a couple dozen holstien in the back pasture....and up til injury, i raised my kids on g. milk with 224 dairy cows in the back pasture...if you have a fresh source, take advantage of it...also, it makes the best ice cream on the planet

i used to drink a lot of goat milk when i visited my grand mother being a kid ...
    was a good ideea...the goat milk is very healthy......
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

Thought this pic of my goat JJ was appropos to the thread. Well, sort of appropos.

JJ was a male.

This was over two decades ago, the only time I ever had a goat as a pet. I would walk Boo (Wonder Dog Extraordinarire) and Boo would walk JJ by holding the lead to him in her mouth.

Good times.

Attachment 17097

awwwwww that's so cute. was jj afraid of the dog, he looks a little uncertain there.