Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: SpinLife or Sportaid?

  1. #1
    Senior Member Foolish Old's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Florida Keys
    Posts
    16,412

    SpinLife or Sportaid?

    I'm very close to answering all the questions I have on configuring a TiLite ZRA and ordering same. I want to use one of the online vendors. SpinLife or Sportaid will probably get the order.

    Does anybody know a good reason to select one over the other? Any tips or cautions regarding making this purchase?

    Thanks.
    Foolish

    "We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

    "Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolish Old
    I'm very close to answering all the questions I have on configuring a TiLite ZRA and ordering same. I want to use one of the online vendors. SpinLife or Sportaid will probably get the order.

    Does anybody know a good reason to select one over the other? Any tips or cautions regarding making this purchase?

    Thanks.
    I have been a customer of both companies and have been satisfied with each. The choice to go with one vs. the other has often been arbitrary -- I like to play the field.

    Regardless of any discrepancies in their published Web prices, they will certainly match each other, so price shouldn't be a deciding factor. I ordered my TiLite ZRc (are you certain you want to go with the ZRA?) from Jeff Russell at SpinLife 2 years ago. He uses one himself. His intimate familiarity with the product was helpful in navigating through the sometimes confusing TiLite options menu. I've found him to be knowledgeable, responsive and patient.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Foolish Old's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Florida Keys
    Posts
    16,412
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen212
    I have been a customer of both companies and have been satisfied with each. The choice to go with one vs. the other has often been arbitrary -- I like to play the field.

    Regardless of any discrepancies in their published Web prices, they will certainly match each other, so price shouldn't be a deciding factor. I ordered my TiLite ZRc (are you certain you want to go with the ZRA?) from Jeff Russell at SpinLife 2 years ago. He uses one himself. His intimate familiarity with the product was helpful in navigating through the sometimes confusing TiLite options menu. I've found him to be knowledgeable, responsive and patient.
    Thanks for your reply. Want to make a case for the ZRc? I really want a ZR, but two different PT's have argued strongly for the adjust-ability of the ZRA. I'm out here on a rock in the ocean, hard to find good DME people. >200 mile trip to the mainland to get iffy answers and shaky follow-up.
    Foolish

    "We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

    "Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolish Old
    Thanks for your reply. Want to make a case for the ZRc? I really want a ZR, but two different PT's have argued strongly for the adjust-ability of the ZRA. I'm out here on a rock in the ocean, hard to find good DME people. >200 mile trip to the mainland to get iffy answers and shaky follow-up.
    The case for the ZRc is, put simply, less is more. Adjustability = more weight + more things that can break. I can see from your profile that you're not a new injury so chances are that by now you're wheelchair settings/preferences/needs are fairly well established. What are your PTs' strong arguments for the ZRa?

  5. #5
    +1 for sportaid...they are EXTREMELY knowledgeable....Jimbo is worth ordering anything wheelchair related from them.
    C5-6 - 22 years

  6. #6
    Senior Member Foolish Old's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Florida Keys
    Posts
    16,412
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen212
    The case for the ZRc is, put simply, less is more. Adjustability = more weight + more things that can break. I can see from your profile that you're not a new injury so chances are that by now you're wheelchair settings/preferences/needs are fairly well established. What are your PTs' strong arguments for the ZRa?
    That if I don't like the TiLite settings they suggest, that I would be stuck with the ZR. I'm in an A4 now, and they are afraid I might want different settings for the TiLite Z chair. I think they are just applying CYA methodology to this problem. I don't think they've either ever prescribed a Z chair without the a suffix. Myself, I'm gonna feel real stupid if they're right and I don't listen. I have not been able to get a demo.
    Foolish

    "We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

    "Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

  7. #7
    get the zra...ive had 1 for 5 years and i have the freedom to change anything about it that I wish...and I do very often. The extra weight is not noticeable...Its only two brackets...

    I beat on my chair hard...its has held up well...
    C5-6 - 22 years

  8. #8
    Senior Member Foolish Old's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Florida Keys
    Posts
    16,412
    Quote Originally Posted by quartermile
    get the zra...ive had 1 for 5 years and i have the freedom to change anything about it that I wish...and I do very often. The extra weight is not noticeable...Its only two brackets...

    I beat on my chair hard...its has held up well...
    Do you have to tighten things often? What adjustments do you find yourself making often? Why?
    Foolish

    "We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

    "Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolish Old
    That if I don't like the TiLite settings they suggest, that I would be stuck with the ZR. I'm in an A4 now, and they are afraid I might want different settings for the TiLite Z chair. I think they are just applying CYA methodology to this problem. I don't think they've either ever prescribed a Z chair without the a suffix. Myself, I'm gonna feel real stupid if they're right and I don't listen. I have not been able to get a demo.
    There are some chairs that offer ZERO adjustability; however, the ZRc is not one of them. There's still plenty that can be tweaked. Off the top of my head there's center of gravity, back rest angle, foot plate height, caster height, wheel rear spacing. The essential difference between the the A and the C is, I think, the set rear seat height of the C.

  10. #10
    If you haven't changed your STF height on your A4 for awhile go with the ZR. There is a lot of COG adjustability and with the tension adjustable by straps upholstery you can tweak your dump slightly. SportAid came out much lower when I configured mine because of they will include Spinergy Spox for $299.

Similar Threads

  1. SpinLife
    By cheesecake in forum Equipment
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-24-2007, 08:45 PM
  2. for sale power trainer as seen in sportaid
    By vickylynn in forum Equipment & Services
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-17-2007, 11:17 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-21-2006, 12:25 AM
  4. spinlife
    By snowwheels in forum Equipment
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-28-2006, 01:50 PM
  5. Sportaid
    By Chris Chappell in forum Recreation, Sports, Travel, & Hobbies
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-08-2002, 05:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •