Thread: Help please! MDA Poker Run -- My boss is riding and matching pledges 100%

Help please! MDA Poker Run -- My boss is riding and matching pledges 100%

Greetings All!

The Kalispell and Missoula Harley Owners groups are doing a poker run on Saturday in order to raise money for Muscular Dystrophy.

My boss is going to do the ride and said that he would match any donations 100%.

He found out about it on Monday and has to have the money to turn in first thing Sat Morning...so I would have to have a list/money to him by Friday.

I didn't know if any of you are interested in helping us out, if you are I sure would appreciate it!!

Thank you thank you thank you!!

My paypal is golfdame@gmail.com

Here's the information on the run:
    http://www.missoulachapterhog.com/MD..._Run_Forms.pdf

I was going to put the donations from CC on the donation sheet as "CareCure.org Members" and put the group dollar amount and will write a check for the group, unless you want yours listed separate. Please let me know in the paypal donation that you are from CC. I will post a copy of the check or whatever proof you need that it went where I said it's going.

I know it's short notice, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Thanks again,
    jadis

Done. It isn't much but every little bit helps!

It's my understanding that MD attacks a lot of children and most don't survive past 30, is that correct? I remember going to camp for two years with a lot of great kids who probably aren't here anymore

ETA: If your boss is somewhat halfway decent looking, I'll need a pic of 'em in leather - joking!
    Last edited by lynnifer; 08-23-2007 at 07:43 AM.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Thanks, Lynnifer!

Actually, remember what you put in is doubled in your name since the boss matches 100%!

As for the life expectancy, I'm not sure. I met a lady this weekend that has MS/MD....she's in her 50s. Got one at 35 and the other a few years ago. I don't know if being diagnosed as a child changes things. I will have to research that one.

Yes, the boss is a cutie. He's a blonde, blue-eyed Norweigian. I will tell him I need a pic of him decked out in leather.

Lynnifer, I just wanted to give you an update.

Total donations were $180, which he matched for a grand total of $360. w00t!

I told him you requested a pic of him in his chaps. We've been giving him a hard time about them for a few weeks now. So as soon as I said it, his face turned 15 shades of read. "Man, what is the deal with my chaps!? I must look like a complete dork!" Absolutely not.

We planned a photo shoot for today, but it is not to be. Saturday, the person that was riding behind him lost control of their bike and caused an accident. Three bikes were involved, including my boss. They were going at least 60 mph and were slowing down when the accident happened. The bike behind him slid into the back of his bike and then over into the person riding beside him. When he went down, he was sliding across the road then hit a curb and flipped up over the bike and landed in the ditch. One person was uninjured, another fractured her hip and pelvis, and my boss has a compression fracture of T12.

They don't have him braced or anything, he did spare the cord and is walking. He's not been back to work yet (he keeps calling and says he's coming in, but calls later and changes his mind.) Tomorrow he has more tests/scans so we may know more then.

The bike, we believe is totaled. Thankfully, his body is not. He was wearing full leathers and a helmet.

OMG! He's just trying to get out of the picture! Kidding - sounds like he was lucky! Hope he feels better (and heals quickly!)
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12