Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5 meals a day?

5 meals a day?

My trainer has recomended that I do this to loose weight. I eat HEALTHY, but only twice a day. Has anyone had success with 5 meals a day?
    Say what you mean and mean what you say because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind.

My Myspace

Yes, it boosts your metabolism like crazy.

what does he reccomend that you eat 5 times a day? Im thinking of trying this as well, but Im unsure where to start...
    C5-6 - 22 years

He is reffering to 5 small meals a day, not big ones.

and yes this is what I do as well, I never eat until I'm full, that will just extend your stomach. Eat small portions, several times a day and you won't ever feel "fat" but you also won't ever feel full.

ITs hard to get use to but you will and you will feel better.
    Injured:10-16-04
    C7/C8, T1 incomplete;

For stalkers convenience:
    Blog:
    http://www.ordealsonwheels.com/
    Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/coryssanchez
    Progress:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/b290/swooty/
    My drawings:
    http://kanvases.com/sites/corysanchez/home

I just signed up for nutrisystem, specifically cause I'm a single guy and it's really had to develop good eating habits. I end up eating out a lot or cooking in a lot (but I end up having a hard time cooking for one person/portion). After I did a lot of different research went into it (I had cosidered some of the other weight-loss programs, also considered private chef, I thought I'd give Nutrisystem a go. It's a breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner, then dessert. I've only on day one and it seems like there's ton's of food.

~dan
    Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by GoTWHeeLs
    My trainer has recomended that I do this to loose weight. I eat HEALTHY, but only twice a day. Has anyone had success with 5 meals a day?
    No matter how healthy you eat but if you are having just two full fledged meals in a day it won’t result positively for your body. I personally don’t have 5 meals in a day but 4 meals as advised by my dietician and I must say that it really works great if you eat in smaller portions. You are always fresh and active and don’t feel lazy after having meals.

My breakfast is the heaviest in all the meals and then it descends till dinner having a gap of 4 hours between meals which happens to be very good for any person of any age I suppose.
    First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Dedicated Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by mr_coffee
    He is reffering to 5 small meals a day, not big ones.

and yes this is what I do as well, I never eat until I'm full, that will just extend your stomach. Eat small portions, several times a day and you won't ever feel "fat" but you also won't ever feel full.

ITs hard to get use to but you will and you will feel better.
    what kind of stuff do you eat? Im guessing anything but in much smaller portions...
    C5-6 - 22 years

Quote Originally Posted by quartermile
    what kind of stuff do you eat? Im guessing anything but in much smaller portions...
    I agree with everyone that the 4-5 meals/day thing works and I've lost 30 lbs.

At first, just eat the same foods that you have been eating but in smaller portions. For example, If you eat a big lunch at 12pm, split it in half, and eat one portion at maybe 11pm and the other portion 2pm.

As you get used to this cycle, then start replacing high fat foods with healthier ones: salads, fruit, grilled chicken, etc. The pounds will melt off.

my diet is super boring, but I eat buffalo, ostrich, eggs, oats, whole wheat pankakes, tons of frozen chicken, fish, and frozen veggies, some pasta, and tuna salad when I'm in a hurry.

I use salsa, pesto, tomato sauce, pepper, and garlic to spice things up and I only cook with olive or flax seed oil.

For snacks I usually eat jerkey, protein shakes, cans of tuna, or meal replacement bars.

Everything that I have read says you need to eat every 2-3 hours to keep your metabolism up.

For guys looking to put on muscle the recommended protein intake is 1-2g / lb bodyweight and 3g carb / lb bodyweight.

Quote Originally Posted by mattblan
    my diet is super boring, but I eat buffalo, ostrich
    Nothing boring about that right there.
    Say what you mean and mean what you say because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind.

My Myspace