Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you walk in your dreams? Dream Discussion

Do you walk in your dreams? Dream Discussion

I thought this would be interesting discussion. I have had dreams before where I am walking and it is sooo real. I've also realized that I was dreaming before. (While I was asleep of course :P) I have done that a few times. ANyone else have any wierd dreams like that?

I heard some people dream in black and white. Anyone do that? That is farkin wierd if you ask me. haha How about flying?

Yes, I also have dreams that I'm walking. Then I'll have strange dreams where I'm driving, but I can't push hard enough on the brake to slow the car down fast enough. The car will finally come to a stop, but it takes forever. Dreams are crazy!!!
    T-5 incomplete

Quote Originally Posted by XYNaPSE
    I've also realized that I was dreaming before. (While I was asleep of course :P) I have done that a few times. ANyone else have any wierd dreams like that?
    Those would be lucid dreams, which totally rock. Prior to my injury, I would have lucid dreams most every night, but now I either don't dream or don't remember them.

The times I wake up between midnight and 3am and can't get back to sleep are the closest I come to lucid dreaming anymore. I get into a meditative state that is pretty similar to lucid dreaming.

In those states, I am walking or doing things with my arms and hands (like drawing). Or stretching, or playing basketball, or ... you get the idea.

I don't recall ever flying, though.
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

I am a long time lucid dreamer, they are definitely the best virtual experience a person can have... so far.

Sometimes I get some really awesome half-wake half-sleep type things happen. A couple of mornings ago... I was consciously awake, but while my eyes were closed I could see very clearly a field of flowers as if it were right in front of me, but I was actually in my bed in my house. I LOVE THAT!

Not sure if astral traveling is the same, but I've done that since I was a kid.

If Iremember my dreams and I am in my dreams, both of which are rare, I am always walking. Then I wake up and it can be ashock that I can't walk. I thought this might change over time but nearly fourteen years after my accident it is still the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    Not sure if astral traveling is the same, but I've done that since I was a kid.
    Pat, you mean you astral travel? If so, can you pick your destination?
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 08-10-2011 at 01:39 PM.

Plenty of walking dreams, flying dreams, other dreams..
    All in color far as I'm aware.

My favorites are musicals.. don't know why.. but I have musical dreams almost like live opera's.
    Rick Brauer or just call me - Mr B

http://www.riseadventures.org

Woodland, CA, USA Old male, T12 incomplete TM 2004
    I rarely remember my dreams, but when I do, I am always walking & looking for my wheelchair which I have somehow misplaced. If not my wheelchair, I am walking looking for a bathroom. I find one but it is at the top of a long flight of stairs. Somehow I find myself at the top of the stairs and when I enter the bathroom, there are rows upon rows of toilets but no privacy walls at all.
    TM 2004 T12 incomplete

I had a dream where I was trying to qualify for the Navy Seals. I was doing all these tests...and no one knew I was disabled...! The tests were like, sliding along to tops of desks on your stomach and then sliding to the floor to slide back again.....easy, I was passing with flying colors.

Just before we were going to graduate as full Navy Seals there was a test involving a mud pit and my chair was getting its wheels stuck. I was panicing because some of the officers were starting to see I was having trouble and starting to notice the chair.

I was so bummed out when I failed the course that I woke up.