Thread: Now i am hypothyroid. SCI correlation ?

Now i am hypothyroid. SCI correlation ?

Doc did a blood test on me and one of them was a THS that tests the function of the thyroid. He calls back and says i am hypothyroid and that my blood sugar was 66. I have never had this test before, at least that i am aware of. I think he gave me that specific test because my mom goes to him and she had thyorid problems. I wonder how long i have had this. Now i have to take yet another pill, synthroid everyday forever, they say. I am wondering if having a SCI can negate this or meds i was taking? I have been breaking out like i never have before my whole life, i wonder if its because of my thyroid?

- I am a bomb technition, if you see me running try to keep up.

- Dont argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

- Some peeps are only alive because its illegal to kill them.

I'm hypothyroid since 23yrs of age (32 now). Symptoms are sore joints, dry brittle nails, dry hair, weight gain and unexplained depression. My levels changed in those ten years as well (and several people I know with it too). In ten years I've doubled my dosage from what it was when I started. Within two to four weeks of taking Synthroid, you should be feeling better .. that's the good news.

I forgot the most important symptom - fatigue.

Check out more info here:

Muscle Joint Pain from Hypothryoidism

my mother and aunt also have a hypothyroid. I discovered my thyroid was also underactive from allergy tests at age 17. Most of the symptoms are there.

Brian
    http://bspill1.home.comcast.net/index1.html

Solar, do you mean your TSH was 66...not your blood sugar? Your blood sugar being low is not related to your thyroid. A TSH of 66 is very high. I know of no correlation between SCI and hypothyroidism, but it definately runs in families, so I would suspect that you are more likely to have it if your mother does. I know that myself, my sister and mother all have it. We have a type of hypothyroidism called Hashimoto's disease, which is an autoimmune form of hypothyroidism. It is more common in people with other autoimmune disorders such as MS or rheumatoid arthritis, and is more common in women than men.

It is very important to get your TSH levels down to normal levels.

Hypothyroidism that is untreated makes you more at risk for a number of medical conditions including osteoporosis. It can also make you more cold sensitive, cause serious fatigue, and even cause hair loss. Be sure to take your Synthroid on an empty stomach, and if you take a multivitamin with iron, do not take it the same time of day you take your Synthroid. It is relatively easy to treat by the use of this once daily medication.

(KLD)