Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mac and Me: Wheelchair Scene

Mac and Me: Wheelchair Scene

I loved this movie when I was a kid.

He's in a Quickie. Just thought I'd mention it.

I liked the movie when I was younger as well. Does anyone know if the kid was/is an actual chair user? The little they showed of his legs look like he might be, at least to me.
    C2/3 quad since February 20, 1985.

Never saw that movie. It looks pretty good though. I wonder if blockbuster has it for rental.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube
    Never saw that movie. It looks pretty good though. I wonder if blockbuster has it for rental.
    a) The little alien guy looks made badly out of rubber; a "cheap toy/doll" look.

b) The IMDB gives (users give, that is) Mac & Me a 2.7 rating.

Enough time wasted on this farce of a flick.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

Slick "product placement" by Quickie. Now I know why the replacement backrest for my GPV cost $311! Oh and BTW, under normal use my wheel locks usually snap off just after the 2 year warranty has elapsed.

On the upside, I'm sure it's a quaint movie. I give it a 7 out of 10 especially because its soundtrack has a hoppy beat and I can dance to it.

Bob.
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

I was just thinking what a drop that was. Holy crap. Would any para here have the nuts to do that in real life?

Quote Originally Posted by doingtimeonmyass
    I was just thinking what a drop that was. Holy crap. Would any para here have the nuts to do that in real life?
    Hello, it's a movie - that means nobody's got to "do" that drop. And since when are guts or insanity limited to the ab part of the population?
    J.B.S.Haldane

Quote Originally Posted by bob clark
    Slick "product placement" by Quickie. Now I know why the replacement backrest for my GPV cost $311! Oh and BTW, under normal use my wheel locks usually snap off just after the 2 year warranty has elapsed.

On the upside, I'm sure it's a quaint movie. I give it a 7 out of 10 especially because its soundtrack has a hoppy beat and I can dance to it.

Bob.
    Hey Bob, it's nice to see that the Amazon battery ripoff saga has finally been replaced by the (current) tale of misbegotten corporate woe. It's a much better tale and, with its focus on an essential w/c part, more appropriate to the forums.
    J.B.S.Haldane

Quote Originally Posted by trainman
    I liked the movie when I was younger as well. Does anyone know if the kid was/is an actual chair user? The little they showed of his legs look like he might be, at least to me.
    Jade Calegory, spina bifida: http://www.jadestudio.net/bio.html

Quote Originally Posted by Juke_spin
    Hello, it's a movie - that means nobody's got to "do" that drop. And since when are guts or insanity limited to the ab part of the population?
    I realize that, but there's always that one person in a crowd who will try anything.