Page 9 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Video games/gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Chess
    You've gotta get COD4!!! I've got UT3, assassins creed, lair (i cant play), NCAA '08, Madden '08, and i barely touch them cause im sooo addicted to COD4. Drake is really fun, but it'll only last a week if you play like me.....better to rent it.
    But Chess, isn't COD4 a FPS? I'm not keen on those...Or sports-related games.
    Hey, I tried a demo of Drake. Well, I only saw a fraction of the game, but I was underwhelmed. The write-ups I'd seen had it as a male-fronted Tomb Raider, but what I saw seemed a way below the quality of, say Tomb Raider Anniversary.
    Btw, you sound like a gaming expert - I NEVER complete games in a week!. I just finished Psychonauts on PS2, and it took me about 32 hours - I've seen others say they've done it in 12.

your ps3 will hook up through your router under the network options then you can play online, surf the net and download games after you make a username.
    Oooh...I don't fully understand. I'll report this to my bf - he'll know. Thanks for advising.

COD4 is a fps, but even people who hate fps's love it like my brother and cousin. Imagine playing Drake but where the enemies are real people that talk to you. If you get ur ps3 online then rent it and play for at least three hours online to where the controls become second hand nature. Not implying anything about older folk, but my dad is in his 50's and plays at least once a week on his pc. The worst thing is learning the controls.
    Last edited by Chess; 02-15-2008 at 09:25 PM.
    There's
    No
    Place

COD4 is a fps, but even people who hate fps's love it like my brother and cousin. Imagine playing Drake but where the enemies are real people that talk to you. If you get ur ps3 online then rent it and play for at least three hours online to where the controls become second hand nature. Not implying anything about older folk, but my dad is in his 50's and plays at least once a week on his pc. The worst thing is learning the controls.
    Yeah, I would go so far as to say I hate fpss. Maybe there's hope if even fps-haters like your brother and couin like it, though.
    Every gaming magazine I see recently is singing the praises of COD4...it's inescapable! And they all say that playing online is better than alone.
    Can I try a demo online?

My bf thinks he might know what to do to get online now so hopefully he'll try it later (right now he's playing MotorStorm and cursing at crashing, hehe).

3 hours?! I don't think I've ever played for over about 2 hours at a time. My head might explode if I went over that.

Lol, I hope I don't qualify for "old" at 30.

Quote Originally Posted by keps
    Yeah, I would go so far as to say I hate fpss. Maybe there's hope if even fps-haters like your brother and couin like it, though.
    Every gaming magazine I see recently is singing the praises of COD4...it's inescapable! And they all say that playing online is better than alone.
    Can I try a demo online?
    Online is where its at, although single player is just alittle fun. I know of no demo that allows online play.

My bf thinks he might know what to do to get online now so hopefully he'll try it later (right now he's playing MotorStorm and cursing at crashing, hehe).
    I think all he really needs is the WEP and SSID...it should find your ip on its own.

3 hours?! I don't think I've ever played for over about 2 hours at a time. My head might explode if I went over that.
    I've got 8 days 10 hours of play on mine already, usaully 2-12 hour sessions with my two cousins and friend.....it keeps a log. We're clan D&D by the way.

Lol, I hope I don't qualify for "old" at 30.
    MAN!!! you're old as dirt, I'm only 29....LOL
    Last edited by Chess; 02-16-2008 at 02:22 PM.
    There's
    No
    Place

Online is where its at, although single player is just alittle fun. I know of no demo that allows online play.
    Aw. Just as I suspected.

I think all he really needs is the WEP and SSID...it should find your ip on its own.
    *whooshes over keps's head*

I've got 8 days 10 hours of play on mine already.....it keeps a log.

MAN!!! you're old as dirt, I'm only 29....LOL
    Oh! You meant 3 hours total! I thought you meant 3 hours solid of playing. Oops.

Hey! No cracks about my age. Or me being dirt. I'm gonna laugh when you hit the big 3-0.

EDIT: OMG - you have spent 12 hours at a time playing????!!!!

EDIT: OMG - you have spent 12 hours at a time playing????!!!!
    On some games like nwn1 I've done over 16 hours straight on more than one occasion. It helps when friends are playing to with voice chat like skype or teamspeak. Another great thing about ps3 is built in VOIP.
    There's
    No
    Place

On some games like nwn1 I've done over 16 hours straight on more than one occasion. It helps when friends are playing to with voice chat like skype or teamspeak. Another great thing about ps3 is built in VOIP.
    16 hours? *sweats* I just can't imagine doing that. I can imagine having friends to shout you awake helps.

I finshes Ratchet & Clank TOD. This was the shortest game I've done. I couldn't believe how quickly it was over, and the final boss was soo easy. Much easier than the final bosses in other R & C games. I beat this one on only my second try (a record for me, lol), and it took about 5 minutes.
    Anyway, now I'm gonna go through again on challenge mode....although so far there's been no noticeable increase in difficulty.

And ARGH! My copy of Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty for PS2 won't work!
    I press "start" as directed, choose "new game", and it sends me back to having to press start...only to get the menu again. Grrrr.

Woo! Got my PS3 online...kind of. My bf sorted out the "how", but we only have room for one cable from our main computer, and I need that at times - like now - when I use the laptop.

But anyway, I've got registered etc. Yay! And downloaded a free demo of Devil May Cry 4 from the shop. I got to kill some smallish beasties, which was fun.
    Then I had to battle a big boss, Berial. I failed miserably at that. But it was fun trying! And that game looks great, too.

Thanks for the help!

awesome, keps!!! When you have some extra cash and your bf feels like it, look at investing in a wireless router and adapter. Google for something like "linksys wusb11 wireless-b usb network adapter" for one type. You'll only need one for each pc because the ps3 has a built in wifi. That way you can be on all at same time without hassle of unhooking connections.
    There's
    No
    Place

And ARGH! My copy of Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty for PS2 won't work!
    I press "start" as directed, choose "new game", and it sends me back to having to press start...only to get the menu again. Grrrr.
    Keps, the 40GB PS3 omits 4 distinct features from the 60GB model:

* Smaller hard drive - obviously;

* Only 2 USB ports instead of 4 - no biggie;

* No more memory cards slots - a bit of a pain, but u can get an external USB card reader; and

* No more PS2 backwards compatibility.

MGS2 simply won't work on a PS3. I'm surprised the menu boots up at all.

Chris.
    Have you ever seen a human heart? It looks like a fist wrapped in blood! Larry in 'Closer', a play by Partick Marber