Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3940414243444546474849

Thread: Video games/gaming.

Well, I've been playing The Secret World lately.

I've been having fun and am amazed I'm not bored with it. It's not all hack and slash, there's puzzles to be solved (Or you can cheat by looking up walkthroughs on youtube), they have even setup fake company websites on the internet that relate to in game corps for you to research.

It's based in this era, no dwarf/elfs and such..just humans..and zombies..and demons.

The bonus is that they have the option to use DX11 for graphics, not the ancient DX9.
    ---------
    C5-6 / '88

I was thinking about Secret World, but isn't it basically The Walking Dead with a little mysticism thrown in by way of the Templars/Illuminati/Dragon-Chaos?

I just pre-purchased Guild Wars 2 and that means I'll have access to the last beta in 9 days or so and a three day head start.
    And the truth shall set you free.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDecafPlz View Post
    I was thinking about Secret World, but isn't it basically The Walking Dead with a little mysticism thrown in by way of the Templars/Illuminati/Dragon-Chaos?
    Lol, yup. Lots of zombies (exceptionally rendered) in the first couple areas. But it's not all 'in the game' itself, there's stuff on the web as well.

Example: a quest used a cipher used by Edgar Allen Poe..you had to go look up Poe and then figure out how is cipher worked to apply it in game.

Or you can cheat and youtube it..I didn't.

So far it's the only game I've played where you need to go out and research real life stuff...for a game..too funny, yet clever.
    ---------
    C5-6 / '88

I enjoyed the beta of Secret World, if I had the $ and time to play a MMO I'd be playing it.
    Most everything I say is

I'm busy with The Secret World too and having an absolute blast. Tons of quests and puzzles to figure out. Love it

Quote Originally Posted by itsnotmeitsyou View Post
    Anyone play Rift?
    Yes, I do. I've been on a lot lately, but I know the game well. I have two 50s, a Mage and a Cleric.

Guild Wars 2 requires you to buy the game only--No monthly fee--for those who are interested in an online game, yet only want to pay once.

I use cheap ass gamer dot com A LOT. It has all the weekly sales, deal and price drops for all the bigger brick and mortar stores plus good deals from sites like Amazon. It also has its own trading/for sale forum. Its a great sit IMO. Hope that helps.
    Has it been five years yet? ..........