Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Video games/gaming.

Are they Vista friendly...

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Français
    I love RPGs. The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion is an amazing game.
    The Elder Scrolls sounds like just the type of game I like. I've been playing PC based games for years (Lincoln and I used to play Pong together) and do enjoy RPG's. My nephew has been trying to get me into World of Warcraft (I think mainly because he wants to beat my butt!). My present PC can't handle the graphics though and a number of other games I've bought recently just bog down my computer.

I broke down earlier in the month and bought a new computer with enough memory and a descent graphics board. It is a Vista system and I don't want to go back to XP, but finding games that are properly marked as being compatible with Vista is another matter.

Do they have a version of The Elder Scrolls that is compatible with Vista?
    Bartski,
    San Francisco
    (Somebody wake me up!)

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."
    Dante

Quote Originally Posted by Patonb
    WoW is freindly? didn't look it. Hmmmmmmmmmmm
    yeah, once u get the hang of it. your actions/spells/ect can be keybound; num lk causes you to run foward continuously [as opposed to holding W key or up arrow]. everything can really be done with the push of a key or click of the mouse.

"ιn ѕoмe wayѕ ι love everyтнιng. ιт’ѕ leѕѕ oғ a тнιng тнan 'lιĸe'…leѕѕ dιѕтιncт. leѕѕ…parтιcυlar. ι lιĸe тнιngѕ тнaт ι lιĸe вυт ι love everyтнιng. тнere’ѕ мore cнoιce ιn ‘lιĸe’. вecaυѕe even тнe worѕт тнιngѕ нave тнιngѕ тo love ιn тнeм. ι love тнιngѕ ѕo мυcн ι ғeel lιĸe ι coυld ғloaт away."

I play WoW as well. It's a pretty easy game to play because you can assign keys to do just about everything.

Kevin

Haven't played WoW yet but definitely looking forward to play that as I guess most of the gamers around are playing this game so there has to be something different in that.

I like to play single player shooting games on my PC and the best ones so far which I have played till now are Deus EX, Project IGI 1&2, SWAT, Half-Life, Return to Castle Wolfestein and Hitman.
    First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Dedicated Hosting

Sadly, WoW requires a subscription. You can get a 15 day free trial last i knew.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark07
    I like to play single player shooting games on my PC and the best ones so far which I have played till now are Deus EX, Project IGI 1&2, SWAT, Half-Life, Return to Castle Wolfestein and Hitman.
    I tried a demo of Hitman (ps2), but it wasn't for me. Do you ever get to see the hitman's face? I couldn't get him to face the camera at all.

Mahjongg & Civilization for me. I've found that if I sit in my chair at the computer, I forget to do weight shifts. That's bad.

I can play card games, mahjongg & Civilization using Dragon. Yes, it takes time. But I can do that while lying in bed, so I don't have to worry as much about weight shifts. But other games, those not "turned based," are nowhere as easy.

Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Patonb
    Sadly, WoW requires a subscription. You can get a 15 day free trial last i knew.

Voooo... it needs a subscription!! I thought I just gotta buy a CD of it and that’s it. Well I’ll definitely try the trial version and see how it works for me.

Have you played it? If yes then, how much will you rate the game personally on a scale of 10?
    First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Dedicated Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by keps
    I tried a demo of Hitman (ps2), but it wasn't for me. Do you ever get to see the hitman's face? I couldn't get him to face the camera at all.
    I'm not sure about the ps2 but when I was playing Hitman on my PC there were some stages where I got a glance of the character and at certain levels where the Hitman is conversing with some character the camera angle moves automatically and you are able to see him and believe me you don’t have to be lucky to spot him in that angle.

In all it was an amazingly realistic game to be played and I think you should have played it though in the starting stages you will feel that its a little hard but as you progress through the game you'll get the grip of it and definitely like it.

Dedicated Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by Mark07
    Voooo... it needs a subscription!! I thought I just gotta buy a CD of it and that’s it. Well I’ll definitely try the trial version and see how it works for me.

Have you played it? If yes then, how much will you rate the game personally on a scale of 10?
    I never played because of the fee. Thousand do so it must be good.

https://signup.worldofwarcraft.com/trial/index.htm for 10 days free.