Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Video games/gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Kendell
    Thanks very much, Todd! I'd love to buy her the 360 but that is just not happening this year, so it's good to know there's a game for her current machine. I appreciate you taking the time to give me all the info!
    PM me if you want me to help you find some other great stuff without breaking your budget. Let me know what type of games she loves and I can recommend some bestsellers and also recommend some of my favorites as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Français
    PM me if you want me to help you find some other great stuff without breaking your budget. Let me know what type of games she loves and I can recommend some bestsellers and also recommend some of my favorites as well.
    Todd, I"m sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I've been fighting fever and dizziness over the weekend and not posting much.

Anyhow... Debbie's main interest right now is movies. I figured one good new game would be a nice change of pace for her, but I doubt I'll get her more than that. Lara is definitely a top contender, but I'll have to think about what else she might enjoy. She's into action/adventure flicks in general so probably something of that nature. I'll think on it and holler if you dont' first, and thanks again!

Kendell,

http://deepdiscount.com/ is an amazing site for any type of media.

I use it all the time.

Anyone played Psychonauts on PS2?

Or Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty? I see that IGN give this one 9.7 out of 10! I've had the game a while, but not played it yet.

Recently purchased a PS3 and am sporadically playing Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. Really good first-person shooter with graphics that I think rival Crysis (PC). That is if the PS3 is plugged into a monitor/TV that supports higher resolutions (1080p).

Feel free to add my Playstation Network (PSN) User ID to your friends list: cvelusc

--Christopher

Oh cvelusc, I want a PS3 really badly!
    Ooh, I see IGN.com give Call Of Duty 4 a rating of 9.3.

There are some PS3-only games I'd love - mainly Ratchet And Clank Future: Tools
    Of Destruction
    , and Drake's Fortune.

Quote Originally Posted by keps
    Oh cvelusc, I want a PS3 really badly!
    Ooh, I see IGN.com give Call Of Duty 4 a rating of 9.3.

There are some PS3-only games I'd love - mainly Ratchet And Clank Future: Tools
    Of Destruction
    , and Drake's Fortune.
    Keps, COD4 definitely earned that rating as the game is quite good. Been really pleased with my PS3 purchase, and if you can find one used, the deal is even sweeter. Got mine through Craigslist for $350. The $350 accounted for the PS3 (60GB) with COD4, two controllers, headset, and a Blu-ray video. I consider the PS3 a worthwhile investment considering that the PS3's graphics rivals ~$1,250 PCs.

Plus, and I'm sure you'd probably like this feature, the PS3 can download demos directly to the unit and guess what... Ratchet and Clank is one of the games available to download.

Anyone played Psychonauts on PS2?
    Played a little of the game on PC and the experience was quite hypnotic. If you're into wacky and weird things then the game may be for you.

--Christopher

Quote Originally Posted by cvelusc
    Keps, COD4 definitely earned that rating as the game is quite good. Been really pleased with my PS3 purchase, and if you can find one used, the deal is even sweeter. Got mine through Craigslist for $350. The $350 accounted for the PS3 (60GB) with COD4, two controllers, headset, and a Blu-ray video. I consider the PS3 a worthwhile investment considering that the PS3's graphics rivals ~$1,250 PCs.
    Wow - that is a GREAT deal you got!*jealous* I've looked at PS3's on ebay, and they all seem to go for at least £350 + (about $700, I think). And, games (new) seem to be in the range of at least £40.

Plus, and I'm sure you'd probably like this feature, the PS3 can download demos directly to the unit and guess what... Ratchet and Clank is one of the games available to download.
    Ah! So...you have to have the machine connected to your computer to do that? (I've never used online play or anything, so I have no idea how any of that works...)

Played a little of the game on PC and the experience was quite hypnotic. If you're into wacky and weird things then the game may be for you.

--Christopher
    Hehe, "wacky and weird" is a good way to describe the game.

I have a PlayStation 3!!!!!!!! My lovely boyfriend totally suprised me recently by suddenly returning home with the machine, and a bundle of two games and two films. (It went on his overdraft, lol).
    My bf is so sweet - he said he thought I should have something nice as I'd been suffering lately (health crap).

@ Cvelusc - it came to £350 (about $700) - and it's a 40 gb machine. Ack.
    Apparently, there are no more 60 gb machine being sold in England - only 40.

Anyway, the games are Ratchet And Clank, which I am getting through and really enjoying. The other game was MotorStorm, my bf tried to get me Drake's Fortune, but it was out of stock. Anyway, my bf loves MotorStorm, so it worked out great.

We are perplexed as to how exactly to set the machine up for online use.

Oh, and I've read and heard more about The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, and I am salivating over it. Maybe I'll ask for it for my birthday.

You've gotta get COD4!!! I've got UT3, assassins creed, lair (i cant play), NCAA '08, Madden '08, and i barely touch them cause im sooo addicted to COD4. Drake is really fun, but it'll only last a week if you play like me.....better to rent it.

We are perplexed as to how exactly to set the machine up for online use.
    your ps3 will hook up through your router under the network options then you can play online, surf the net and download games after you make a username.
    Last edited by Chess; 02-15-2008 at 03:22 PM.
    There's
    No
    Place