Page 1 of 38 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Video games/gaming.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Video games/gaming.

I thought it might be nice to have a thread to talk about video games (like ones you buy on a disc ).

Could people state their platform when talking about games? I sometimes get excited about a game, then learn it's for a platform I don't have.

So, I have a PlayStation2. That's my only machine. Me and the bf "inherited" it from my bf's dad. Before getting this machine (and some games), I had never played before.

I bought a few games from ebay recently. One of them was God Of War 2.
    I squealed when I saw the graphics for myself (I get really excited about stuff like this, lol). Haven't played much, but it's looking fantastic. Only played on easy setting too, as I'm not that great at gaming (I still enjoy the experience).
    Anyone else got this game?

Just my computor.

I play Never Winter Nights 2, only online though

Quote Originally Posted by Patonb
    Just my computor.

I play Never Winter Nights 2, only online though
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWwgejJrahQ

Hmm, again this trailer didn't seem to show much except fighting. Nice-looking game, though.
    I've got this thing about not playing stuff on my computer. I dunno why.

Addiesue, I don't know Bubble Bobble, but I've got Socom on a playable demo disc. Going to look at it tomorrow!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqvkYPuqd_U
    Last edited by keps; 08-18-2007 at 05:48 PM.

I love RPGs. The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion is an amazing game.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Fran├žais
    Sounds like Lord of the Rings or its ilk, is it?
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

PS 2 ganes under $10

Check this site - found it on digg
    http://www.racketboy.com/retro/sony/...ps2-games.html

My daughter has old PS1 and PS2 systems under the debris somewhere - I liked Gran Turismo - bought a used copy of Descent 1 which I loved on the PC but I could never master PS controls - duh.

Are they Vista friendly...

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Fran├žais
    The Elder Scrolls sounds like just the type of game I like. I've been playing PC based games for years (Lincoln and I used to play Pong together) and do enjoy RPG's. My nephew has been trying to get me into World of Warcraft (I think mainly because he wants to beat my butt!). My present PC can't handle the graphics though and a number of other games I've bought recently just bog down my computer.

I broke down earlier in the month and bought a new computer with enough memory and a descent graphics board. It is a Vista system and I don't want to go back to XP, but finding games that are properly marked as being compatible with Vista is another matter.

Do they have a version of The Elder Scrolls that is compatible with Vista?
    Bartski,
    San Francisco
    (Somebody wake me up!)

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."
    Dante

Elder Scrolls V is on the way this fall, November, iirc. (I'm sure it's been mentioned already) I've been playing the franchise since Arena, still have it and a DOS emulator when I want an old school fix. It's more challenging a game than Morrowind or Oblivion, I think. No persistent map, no quest log, no way points. Lot's of crap to remember...or write down!!

I can't wait for Skyrim! Great trailer on the front page, here, in case it's not been posted already.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartski View Post
    The Elder Scrolls sounds like just the type of game I like. I've been playing PC based games for years (Lincoln and I used to play Pong together) and do enjoy RPG's. My nephew has been trying to get me into World of Warcraft (I think mainly because he wants to beat my butt!). My present PC can't handle the graphics though and a number of other games I've bought recently just bog down my computer.

I broke down earlier in the month and bought a new computer with enough memory and a descent graphics board. It is a Vista system and I don't want to go back to XP, but finding games that are properly marked as being compatible with Vista is another matter.

Do they have a version of The Elder Scrolls that is compatible with Vista?

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    I can't wait for Skyrim! Great trailer on the front page, here, in case it's not been posted already.
    Ditto. I've been playing since Morrowind. Awesome games! Brilliant!

I am SO excited for Skyrim! I just cannot wait!

I'm still playing bits of Oblivion. I'm finding it impossible to do the Felldew insects den thing. I've played over 300 hours, and this is the first thing to have me defeated, so far. Gah.

I've got Child Of Eden on order. It comes out on my sci anniversary (30th September), so I justified it by calling it a treat for that day, lol.

Also Ratchet And Clank: All 4 One. Dunno if I'll be able to afford it, but I want it! Currently back playing A Crack In Time even though something is wrong and now I'm not getting the trophies I should (trophy sync has no effect, maybe I have some corrupted data?).

I also want ICO/Shadow Of The Colossus collection. Want want want.