Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Watch this video if you want your dreams crushed

Watch this video if you want your dreams crushed

whoa looks like some crazy lava baja or something!

WTF am i missing? dreams crushed?
    "If ya don't have it in the hips, ya better have it in the lips..." ~ Charlie - Villa Dulce

way out in the wild

Well, he definitely looked very careful, jumping all over those lava bridges.
    Dreams crushed?

I wonder about his "survival" shows. At least they are interesting to watch.
    C2/3 quad since February 20, 1985.

Quote Originally Posted by trainman
    I wonder about his "survival" shows. At least they are interesting to watch.
    I think the Discovery Channel has another headache.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

I had my doubts about the authenticity of the "Survivor Man" show. And besides, anyone can "do" fives days in the locations he was "dropped" of at... if you have enough water. I'm sure they "scoped" out the location that he was left at beforehand (the desert episode where he had a bicycle) so knew there was a stream of water nearby.

And only an idiot would travel into polar bear country without at least a .44 magnum strapped to their waist. Man is natural prey for polar bears! And on that episode he was given enough seal or whale meat to get him through. He didn't capture any food by himself so how did that prove he had "super" survival skills? There was snow (water) all around him and he was dressed in authentic eskimo outdoor attire. And probably manufactured polypropylene thermal underwear beneath it. Big deal, he made a windbreak. Duh. Takes a genius to figure that one out.

Put 'im out there for 30 days and see how he fares. It seemed to me as though he learned his "survival" skills from a book.

Another "real" reality show. Yep.

Bob.
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

I think survivorman is way more legit than bear grylls. Survivorman is by himself whereas BG is with a crew and I saw him wearing a life preserver. You guys didn't get that he was filming 20 feet from the highway?

I think survivorman is way more legit than bear grylls. Survivorman is by himself whereas BG is with a crew and I saw him wearing a life preserver.

Cliff notes from the video: He was caught filming 20 feet from the highway. Bear Grylls is a phony.