Thread: ? on AGI and SSDI

? on AGI and SSDI

I know that you can make deductions from your salary for things like care givers, cell phones, medical supplies, etc. Can someone tell me do these have to be for the month incurred or can you carry them over? Say I make a big purchase one month on equipment or whatever. Can I split that up into 12 to help each month or does it have to be all in the month I paid for it? I'm just trying to get all of this straightened out because I am about to get a much better paying job (I hope) Keep your fingers crossed for me!!
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Look Here under Impairment Related Work Expenses. It might help. Good Luck, I hope that you get the job!!

You can deduct medical expenses ONLY if they are more than 7.5% of your AGI. And it's all what you spent throughout the year, it doesn't matter if u spent more 1 month than the other... keep your receipts though, as it takes IRS 2 years b4 they start auditing some1.
    Thoughts become things, choose the good ones!

Get the IRS publication for Schedule R, disability related deductions, and salso see if you qualify as head of household.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.