Thread: miri results of the cervical spine

miri results of the cervical spine

Impression is at c5-6 there is a disc bluge with a right paracentral disc protrusion with mild right and moderate left neural foraminal narrowing. there is moderate central canal stenosis. at c4-5 there is a mild central disc protrusion. there is mild central canal stenosis. there is mild bilateral neural foraminal narrowing. at c6-7 there is a posterior disc bulge with mild central canal stenosis. the neural foramen are patent. Atc2-3 there is a small right paracentral disc protrusion. there is no evidence of neural foraminal or central canal stenosis. could you explain my mri results. thank you regina

I will ask Wise to comment when he cn.

AAD

please dr wise could you explain my mri to me

Until Dr. Wise responds- you have 4 levels in your neck that are showing some disc "hernition" or bulging. Paracentral means close to the center. The disc has a gelatinous center and and harder outer ring. It is the gelatinous center that typically bulges out. Foramina or foramen aee the openings the nerves go through and is bulging and pressing on these, it can of course cause problems-such as pain, numbness, weakness etc..,

CWO

Quote Originally Posted by Mothercat
    Impression is at c5-6 there is a disc bluge with a right paracentral disc protrusion with mild right and moderate left neural foraminal narrowing. there is moderate central canal stenosis. at c4-5 there is a mild central disc protrusion. there is mild central canal stenosis. there is mild bilateral neural foraminal narrowing. at c6-7 there is a posterior disc bulge with mild central canal stenosis. the neural foramen are patent. Atc2-3 there is a small right paracentral disc protrusion. there is no evidence of neural foraminal or central canal stenosis. could you explain my mri results. thank you regina
    As you probably have guessed by now, you have multiple level disc bulges The most severely affected is C5/6 where the disc may be compressing your left spinal root and possibly your spinal cord and right spinal root as well. Your spinal canal is narrowed but there is no indication of spinal cord compression or spinal root compression at C2/3, C4/5, C6/7.

Your C6 spinal root passes out between the C5/6 opening (foramina) and is responsible for your wrist extension and your arm. If you are experiencing left arm/hand pain, sensory loss, and weakness, this is the explanation and you should get surgery to relieve that compression. If you don't have any sensory loss or motor loss, most surgeons would recommend conservative treatment, i.e. physical therapy and exercise.

Wise.