Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another Roho (low profile) question..

Quote Originally Posted by Broknwing
    no, not at all...The regular one the air doesn't flow the same as the Quadtro...

re:stress points, it's only a stress point if you use the valve as a handle, which you are not supposed to do, it's imprinted on it as such & there's a riveted corner w/a carry-string for picking it up so as not to have to use the valve as a handle....
    I never used the lock as a handle. The problem is that it's right in front and bound to get bumped. Just locking and unlocking the valve also puts stress on that area.

Quote Originally Posted by Broknwing
    no, not at all...The regular one the air doesn't flow the same as the Quadtro...

re:stress points, it's only a stress point if you use the valve as a handle, which you are not supposed to do, it's imprinted on it as such & there's a riveted corner w/a carry-string for picking it up so as not to have to use the valve as a handle....
    I have to agree with Broknwing re: the "airflow" I didn't know if it was just in my head but felt from the begininng that flow was different because of chambers and I prefer it.

I've used the Quadtro for almost 5 years and never a problem with leaks. I sometimes lock it in to a seating positon and other times not. I like having the option to changes positons, lock or unlock chambers.

edited to say: I did put a touch of WD40 on lock way back when to reduce stress Rusty is talking about. So, I keep it sliding easy, minimal stress on cushion and overall ease of operation.

Hi Banana,

I have both single chamber Roho low profile cushions, and a Quadtro low profile I got by a mistake when ordering a new one here a time ago. The valve adjustment switch on the Quadro is no problem, just face it backwards in the seat. The problem though, is that the Quadtro cushion makes too much noise when air travels through the different chambers when moving, regardless if the switch is locked into four chambers position or in the free flow position. If at a dinner party, some could think one is farting more than normal lol. Other than that, they’re basically the same if one maintains the right volume of air.

Good luck at dinner parties I’m sure the single chamber choice you made will not make any noise, but then again, you wouldn’t have that “old dog” to blame if you really farted lol
    Last edited by Leif; 08-17-2007 at 02:36 PM.