Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Roho (low profile) question..

Another Roho (low profile) question..

I am up for a new roho low profile cushion, the salesman 'swears by' the new Quadtro Select low profile, does anyone use this cushion and how have you found it? Its supposed to have a memory feature where you can lock the valve to that position.

thanks

Roho

I use this cushion. However I never lock it.
    I wouldn't spend the extra cash.
    love the cushion though

I use the low profile Quadtro...I don't lock it but I MUCH prefer it to the standard low profile...It allows the air to move from quadrant to quadrant as I adjust my positioning...MUCH more comfortable IMHO than the non-quadtro version...
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

I have the quadtro, I never tried the standard. Apparently they don't sell the standard here anymore. I lock mine, don't know if it's better. An OT told me to push all the air into the front two quadtrants for more comfort

Hi thanks all....BroknWing, if you dont lock it, doesnt that cause it to function the same as the standard low profile roho?

btw, mine's high profile, don't know what the difference is

If you were happy with the regular Roho I would stay with that. My Quattro developed a leak under the lock and can't be repaired (but I'll try anyway, nothing to loose). The lock creates a stress area.

thanks Rusty...i just ordered the standard roho....the above comments and the 'stress point' factor clinched it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Annabanana
    Hi thanks all....BroknWing, if you dont lock it, doesnt that cause it to function the same as the standard low profile roho?
    no, not at all...The regular one the air doesn't flow the same as the Quadtro...

re:stress points, it's only a stress point if you use the valve as a handle, which you are not supposed to do, it's imprinted on it as such & there's a riveted corner w/a carry-string for picking it up so as not to have to use the valve as a handle....
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

Get a pressure mapping done to make sure you're sitting on the right cushion. I used to use a low-profile cushion, but I kept getting sores when I used it because my butt got so bony.

If you were happy with the regular Roho I would stay with that. My Quattro developed a leak under the lock and can't be repaired (but I'll try anyway, nothing to loose). The lock creates a stress area.
    If you're seat cushion goes flat and you're not aware of it, there's a good chance you'll get a sore. It happened to me twice. I'm actually in the hospital right now getting a sacral wound repaired.
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.