Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: wish us luck

Well, I'm at a loss for words. But I am so glad you found this place. Here is a treasure house of information and experience given freely in a caring, friendly (mostly!) manner. Remember to find some rest for yourself. You can't see it now, but it will be vital for your health and therefore their's. Come here often. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Lynne

Wow--I can't imagine having my sister go through something like this with me, let alone a twin. It must be difficult, but I'm sure they're are both tough cookies.

I was also 17 when injured and even though it sounds odd, being injured at a young age may be 'easier' because young people adapt to situations better than they might if it had happened later on in life. Like BeeBee said, it'll be hard for a while, but when things settle down and a routine is established, it'll be smoother. Good luck and I hope the party goes well for them!

I am so sorry. My only advice is to start reading here. Ask any and all questions.

Thank you all again, and Carrie yur words are encouraging, you were 17 like them. It is hard having two go through this but they are a pillar of strength for each other, picking each other up on the down days. Are you also the same level as them.

Quote Originally Posted by happymom
    Thank you all again, and Carrie yur words are encouraging, you were 17 like them. It is hard having two go through this but they are a pillar of strength for each other, picking each other up on the down days. Are you also the same level as them.
    I am a C6/7 incomplete, so lower than both of them. I'm glad they seem to be in good spirits. Once they feel up to it, I hope they want to visit this site. It can be a great support for them also.

Wow. I was also injured by a drunk driver at a young age (just turned 18). It is coming up 2 years 19 October. I wish your girls and your family the very best in these hard times. I still have not been able to let go of the anger I feel towards the waste of life who did this to me.
    very best wishes, Micha

I hate to say it...welcome. You will find some of the best info right here. My wife was injured a little over a year ago and I was her caregiver for that year. Everyone here told me to get someone to help around the house and and with Sally. Then her OT told me that I was hindering her progress, so I went back to work. And Sally lived without me, and she's doing great. So listen to these people, they know, and keep in touch let us know how the girls are progressing. Best of luck to you and yours. Spike

i thank all who have wrote, this week is definetely a week of learning. Does a quad get suctioned less in time. Thank god they both dont have to be suctioned. Also mindy is leaking around the catheter and wetting her clothes and bed, is this normal. I place a attends on her but shes upset about that. Also cindys stools r causing issues, she rarely had accidents at rehb but is now. Why would that be

Cindy's BP accidents could be caused by stress, change in diet, change in routines or change in meds (did you change from name to generic or switch/add a med?). This is pretty common to have problems when first discharged. It's very stressful to leave the hospital environment and a lot of things are different. Take a look in the "Care" forum, probably 60% of the topics deal with Bowel issues. Trial and error and a couple of embarrassing episodes are to expected. She's probably eating more than she did in rehab and different foods. Friends are great, but its still stressful. Are you doing her program at the same time of day as rehab? And is this consistant with her body's schedule before the accident?
    BeeBee

not one, but two?

I think you have your work cut out for you. Remember to take "Me" time -- if someone else is there, get out of the house, take a long bath, go to the movies -- again, just like when they were growing up. Only, this time the babysitter gets paid more...

Raccoon
    4/6/97, car accident, C5. http://raccoon-kathleen.blogspot.com/