Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Carbon fiber wheels

Carbon fiber wheels

I found these carbon wheels in a Japanese website while surfing and became interested of trying to get a pair. They are kinda like the carbon fiber bike wheels that Spinergy makes, but this one is made for wheelchairs. Only thing I know is that the brand is OX Engineering, model number is HHR3, they also make a 4 spoke version which is HHR4, available in 24" and 25", and that they also make sports wheelchairs too(pretty cool looking chairs). Too bad their website is all Japanse so no idea how to get a pair. I searched all over the web for english distributors but found nothing. Does anyone have any info on these wheels, english distributors, websites, etc...? I used the google translater to tranaslate the page to English but that dosnt help much. I e-mailed this company already but hopefully they understand English.

Heres a direct link to the wheel page in that website.

Thanks.
    May 2000, T4-5 Complete.

Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo

i like them!
    please keep us updated.

I actually saw the 4 cross type a few months ago. I was in Hawaii and saw those awesome wheels on a Japanese tourist’s chair. Unfortunately the kid could'nt understand English, and I’m lost when it comes to Japanese, so I didn’t get too much info about them. The wheels are very sharp in person

http://oxgroup.co.jp/wc/homepage/part/pox_wheel.html

96,000 yen = roughly $810.

Google will translate for you. Copy/paste any URL here (use Japanese to English BETA): http://www.google.com/language_tools

racer has them, 3 and 4 spoke version. You can see it in his Techncal transfer videos thread. I messeged him asking for infos on these wheels and where he got them, still waiting for reply.
    May 2000, T4-5 Complete.

Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo

Guess you can only get these from Japan. Racer said his Japanese colleague got it for him from Japan. Gonna try to ask my Japanese friend to find out for me how to get them.
    May 2000, T4-5 Complete.

Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo

hah, didn't notice before. no wonder he can sling that chair, wheels an all up in that SUV.

i have them...

wanna swap for a pair of spinergy?
    walking is OVER-RATED!!!

Broken in August 14th, 2003. T9-L1 complete.

Only looking at the pic i will bet that they are a shit, a wheel with a lot of flex.

No it's good carbon fiber wheels, all racing wheelchairs have. no vibration and no distortion over time.Light but expensive