Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: a cure ?when and by who?

i don't know when or where it'll happen but hopefully it doesn't take one day longer then it should. it seems most likely it won't derive from within the usa though. i just had my 10 year anniversary last week and i remember being in rehab thinking the worst case scenario that 10 years from then i'd be up and around. as we all know that dream is gone but lets keep hoping the future is brighter w/ each passing day.
    Today is one day closer to The Cure

Cure->never
    Repair->with the actual data, in 15-20 years(if we are still alive and healthy) maybe we will have an option to recover something useful.
    -Ramps in buildings are necessary, but it would be usefull to have another ones for people (mind/heart).....

-Hoc non pereo habebo fortior me

you all are being suckered...in 5 years they will convince you it'll be another 5-10 years, after that they convince you another 5-10 years. stop being so naive. the technology exist today.

Quote Originally Posted by DA
    the technology exist today.
    Yes, but we don´t know how to use it correctly.
    -Ramps in buildings are necessary, but it would be usefull to have another ones for people (mind/heart).....

-Hoc non pereo habebo fortior me

Da... I completely agree with you... just have to get this stupid puzzle put together. Never give up hope. Never let the turkeys get you down.
    keiffer66

The problem is MONEY!

The question is not "When", "Who", etc. The problem is MONEY!!!

The people that are millionaire, billionaires need collaborate much more for the researches; or will it be that they will take your patrimony when they die?

Bill Gates & Cia and other, where are your collaborations?

Pyramids left fashion there is a long time.
    Rebechi_Brasil

What, no votes for the Miami Project ? ...I'm shocked.
    On a more serious note, it is impossible to venture a timeframe guesstimate at this point. Nobody understands how the human body is going to react to proposed therapies. I feel within 2 years from the start of the scheduled human trials, many answers will become clearer. Whether (or not) the researchers are going in the correct direction, with their assumptions.

Quote Originally Posted by woman from Europe
    Forget it. The cure comes when it comes. It is more important to fight for accessibily and jobs so we can live a normale life. The wheel chair is not the problem, the isolation that follows is the big problem. HC-toilets, lifts, jobs and education are worth fighting for. Accessiblility to schools, to kindergarden, offices, pubs and restaurants, that is important.
    We have to live while we are waiting, it is wrong that the Government expect us to sit in the house everyday, doing nothing and being lonely. We are still human beings like the ABs.
    Forget it? You can do that. But I’ll tell you, there are a couple of good projects emerging here at home now, which some has worked hard for, we don’t wait, you want to shut them down? Imagine if cancer patients said forget about it? As for accessibility, there was a survey here where I live, all public buildings was accessible, all of them. I think you live in the wrong place, why don’t you sell your place and buy a new one where you can get out?

you all are being suckered...in 5 years they will convince you it'll be another 5-10 years, after that they convince you another 5-10 years. stop being so naive. the technology exist today.
    Why don’t you join them then and move it.

DA,

Based on what I have seen, you're right and you're wrong. I feel you are referring to researchers successfully having gotten axons to cross the injury site and even reconnect to a degree on the other side.

One of the problems is getting sufficient numbers to cross and reconnect for true functional recovery. Researchers have gotten a few squiggly "streams" of axons to regenerate; we need a deep wide river.