Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 184

Thread: a cure ?when and by who?

  1. #131
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    2,557
    I know one subject from one of the transcutaneous trials. He was an incomplete quad without functional hands, bowel or bladder. Post trial he has functional hands (eat, drive, write but with mostly arm movement), full bowel control and bladder sensation. Still had to cath.
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.

  2. #132
    Senior Member Wills77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Harrisburg PA
    Posts
    454
    Last week I saw Susan Harkema speak at a current concepts in spinal cord injury management conference. My first thought.. is this lady drunk? She was loud, obnoxious, swearing. They are trying to match all epidural stimulation patients as close as they can to the first patient who saw results. 24 year old male with a t4 or t5 SCI. Once patients were able to stand they moved on to step training, after step training they lost the ability to stand. She said it affected bowel and bladder in a positive way, nothing about sexual function. They have configurations to regulate temperature and to raise blood pressure. She said many times that they don't know why the epidural stimulation works.
    c6 inc since 2-19-11
    ex pro-am motocross racer
    tilite aero z s2

  3. #133
    Senior Member lunasicc42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Lutz, Fl USA*********C456
    Posts
    2,329
    Quote Originally Posted by Wills77 View Post
    Last week I saw Susan Harkema speak at a current concepts in spinal cord injury management conference. My first thought.. is this lady drunk? She was loud, obnoxious, swearing. They are trying to match all epidural stimulation patients as close as they can to the first patient who saw results. 24 year old male with a t4 or t5 SCI. Once patients were able to stand they moved on to step training, after step training they lost the ability to stand. She said it affected bowel and bladder in a positive way, nothing about sexual function. They have configurations to regulate temperature and to raise blood pressure. She said many times that they don't know why the epidural stimulation works.
    Lol...swearing on stage on the mic?
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

    "what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "


    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

  4. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Andrew hot back to me -

    Is he OK with you sharing copies of your conversation on very private matters?
    Debating on CareCure is like participating in the special-olympics. You may win, but you're still disabled.

  5. #135
    Senior Member Wills77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Harrisburg PA
    Posts
    454
    Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    Lol...swearing on stage on the mic?
    Haha yes yelling "holy shit" several times. She said she stayed in her office during patient #2 first time testing the with the epidural stimulator because she didn't think he would have any movement or results.
    c6 inc since 2-19-11
    ex pro-am motocross racer
    tilite aero z s2

  6. #136
    Senior Member lynnifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Windsor ON Canada
    Posts
    19,320
    Quote Originally Posted by void View Post
    Is he OK with you sharing copies of your conversation on very private matters?
    His FB page is public. That's where the convo was.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

    T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

  7. #137
    Senior Member lynnifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Windsor ON Canada
    Posts
    19,320
    Remember the the scientist who left Harkema's lab citing unprofessional antics?
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

    T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

  8. #138
    Senior Member lynnifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Windsor ON Canada
    Posts
    19,320
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim C. View Post
    E-Stim ; Epidural or not, it is therapeutic semantics.
    Please, please don't accept anything that's not Stage3-worthy.
    You of all people here are of the intellectual-leaning type and I'm sure you know this is fugazy BS unless it's doubled-blind study.
    So I'm not allowed to discuss? What's your point?
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

    T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

  9. #139
    Senior Member Tim C.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,208
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    So I'm not allowed to discuss? What's your point?
    I guess my Ambien-induced point was that maybe there should be a new category for this forum; "Fantasy Cures" where fake-news on cures should be discussed?

  10. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    His FB page is public. That's where the convo was.
    I've seen your reply as well to Andrew's comment on the post of Hashem Al-Ghaili Facebook page. He's in some way advertising that clinic in Thailand were he got that stimulator....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •