Thread: Today is my WC anniversary

Today is my WC anniversary

15 years ago today at 8:30 a.m. I changed my life by becoming paralyzed.

UC Irvine researchers have stated that they could get me walking in 7-10 years. But the funny thing....they were saying that 10 years ago.

Sorry...this has always been a sucky day for me.

Oh well....Crap happens.

Dave

Sorry. Not much you can really say about that. I just past 13 years on Monday, August 6th. I think what's really going to hit me is when I reached the point where I spent the majority of my life in a wheelchair.

Just think of it is one more day and try to enjoy it.

Hey Cappy, I hope your day passes with something or someone pleasant to pass the time..........

I keep wondering what's worse, knowing the day or not knowing??? I have'nt figured out yet which stupid thing I did to fracture my neck. Guess it really does'nt matter, like you said "crap happens"!

Sometimes...I wish that I died in the incident that caused me to become paralyzed. Well, I was pretty close, just 20 more seconds and I could of been dead or brain dead. I come to realize that life is pretty fragile, someone can just take it away from you in a sudden. Life isnt long, time passes fast, just live everyday to your fullest and without regrets.
    May 2000, T4-5 Complete.

Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo

Quote Originally Posted by Hype62
    Sometimes...I wish that I died in the incident that caused me to become paralyzed.
    I am glad you didn't die in that incident!

I'm only 6.5 months post and I still have terrible flashbacks, every day. Please tell me these go away after a while.

I blame Bush

Quote Originally Posted by Cappy
    15 years ago today at 8:30 a.m. I changed my life by becoming paralyzed.

UC Irvine researchers have stated that they could get me walking in 7-10 years. But the funny thing....they were saying that 10 years ago.

Sorry...this has always been a sucky day for me.

Oh well....Crap happens.

Dave
    My doctor told my Mother and husband (at the time) with everything going on I could be walking again within 10 years. Well it has been 6 and that sap sucker is still in office.

Sorry, I really don't like to talk politics, but he makes me sick (for more than one reason). For those that will ask.. he gave us a car with no gas. I'm leaving it at that.
    T-5 incomplete

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    I'm only 6.5 months post and I still have terrible flashbacks, every day. Please tell me these go away after a while.
    Ya just need time. It does get a better depending on what you are able to do with your life.

This year...my goal is to compete in 5-6 marathons.
    But a job, family, friends...all have to do with how ya handle ur paralysis and how easier you live with it.

I have never accepted what happened...but I do realize that I must live with it. We really have no choice.
    And yes...I still get thoughts that I should have died back then. But for whatever reason...I was able to live through it. So now I try to do the best with what I have.

Thanks for all the words.

Dave
    myspace.com/teammc