Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Princess Bride Toys Due in March

Princess Bride Toys Due in March

Boo. Yah.

Toy Vault will produce a line of merchandise based on Princess Bride, the 1987 fantasy cult hit directed by Rob Reiner and starring Peter Falk, Billy Crystal, Andre the Giant, and Fred Savage, among others. The film was based on a 1973 book by William Goldman. A Toy Vault spokesperson called the film "one of the best cult movies of all time," and compared it to Monty Python and Holy Grail (a property on which Toy Vault has based a host of merchandise). Princess Bride is the source of a number of tag lines, sayings that can be used as anchor points for merchandise.

Toy Vault's Princess Bride product line will include dolls, talking figural key chains (press it and you hear a saying), and plush. The first releases, in March, will be key chains and some plush items. The first characters to get the plush treatment will probably be Fezzik and the Dread Pirate Roberts.
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

''My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father, prepare to die!''

I miss ol' Andre The Giant.
    Be yourself!!!
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/vandamnwcbb/
    BMF Sports & LiftWithoutLimits
    Sponsored Athlete
    http://www.bmfsports.com/ATHLETES.php
    www.genegvd.com

Westley: Who are you? Are we enemies? Why am I on this wall? Where is Buttercup?
    Inigo Montoya: Let me 'splain.
    [pause]
    Inigo Montoya: No, there is too much. Let me sum up. Buttercup is marry' Humperdinck in a little less than half an hour. So all we have to do is get in, break up the wedding, steal the princess, make our escape... after I kill Count Rugen.
    Westley: That doesn't leave much time for dilly-dallying.
    Fezzik: You just wiggled your finger. That's wonderful.
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Vezzini: "He didn't fall? Inconceivable!"

Inigo: "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

I watched some of The Princess Bride being filmed while on a school trip in the English Peak District.

Worship me Steven
    C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

I'm jealous Paul! Cary Elwes! I love that movie. "Maywage is a saykwed institooshun." Friends of mine were getting hitched around that time and wanted a clergyman just like that to marry them ... lol.

I still haven't found the stable boy in my life who only responds with, "As you wish," though. hmph
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by RehabRhino
    Worship me Steven
    As you wish.

Which scene/s?

Is it really bad that I have no idea what this film is?

Yes. You should be hanged, drawn and quartered!