Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I need pinball games

Quote Originally Posted by Koral
    I would also recommend Visual Pinball, works with Win98/WinXP/Vista.
    Its a bit tricky to install but once done, there are hundreds if not thousonds of free tables to play. The ball physics are well done and most real tables are emulated.
    You will find it at http://www.vpforums.com/ where there also are tables to download and they are usualy small in size.
    Koral, thanks for all so far but I need a member/user name for the VP forums. I've installed the VP pak and need tables.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

Sorry. i forgot about the register part.
    I have sent you a PM, Juke!

Bump Control of Game

I've given up trying to work out any of the varitations of the pinball games Koral linked; they require too much downloading and diddling and still won't work for me. Hear that, Koral, I wanted a new pinball game, not to be forced to become a computer geek to get a few/new tables to setup as workable/playable.

But the evolution of my play skills on the Space Cadet Pinball game has led me to a question: can you develop good ball control using the bump features on the game?

I ask this because I think I have some such control - some of the time. I've noticed that my use of the bumps is somewhat arbitrary while I'm trying to keep the ball in play up in the "attack bumpers" area - but when I'm on a "Re-Entry" mission I stop planned bumps and allow what seems like "instinctive" bumping to take over - and this gets me more re-entries than I'd usually get with my usual routine of bumping with the ball in the upper table area.

Does anyone else have something like this going on or have any bump experience input on their Pinball gaming?
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane