Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I need pinball games

Quote Originally Posted by bob clark
    Computer pinball is okay but there was nothing like standing in front of a real pinball machine in a local bar trying not to knock your beer off of it or "Tilting" it with excited body english. Whichever came first!Bob.
    Boy.....does that bring back memories !!
    I spent an ill guided youth in the back room of 'Nate's Deli'
    playing for 'pay offs'. Wasn't too bad at it. Got a lot of free hot dogs
    (The old style Hebrew Nat'ls that came linked together with a piece of string in between and a papler tag wrapped around it.) and some pocket cash.....'Dogs'....On a fresh baked roll - with NY style deli-mustard.
    And a cream soda (fresh made NY 'Egg Cream'!) no cans or bottles.

That was another life ago. (Altho I still go to NY every so often,
    and always head for 'The Star' deli - and others)

Real, interactive, physical, pinball..... there was a line that was always formed behind me, but when you could pick a time of day that no one else was there (cut a few classes?), you could play for hours.
    If you won too much, Nate- the owner, would kick you out
    for the rest of the day Ahhh........memories !
    Bob B
    SCI - Parent

this game is similar to pinball but way more addictive. It's worth the free trial.
    http://www.popcap.com/games/peggle

Quote Originally Posted by bob clark
    Hi Mary,

If you didn't know there's a pinball game in WinXP called 3D Pinball. It plays well but it's not the best pinball game in the world as it only fills about 1/3 of the screen. Go to Start/All Programs/Games/Pinball.

Bob.
    Look under the Options menu or hit F4 to toggle full screen. You can push Alt in fullscreen to bring up the menu bar.
    I used to play this on Win2000.

Still wish Juke would tell me where I could buy the game collection he has. You hve to be careful on some of those sites because I went to one and it wanted to much info. I didn't know I had the pinball on my games. Love to play.
    Mary
    I want to Rock you Gypsy soul and together we will flow into the Mystic.
    Van Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Hellonwheels
    Look under the Options menu or hit F4 to toggle full screen. You can push Alt in fullscreen to bring up the menu bar.
    I used to play this on Win2000.
    Hi Hellonwheels,

Thanks for the info. I just played it again and scored 1,039,000... better than my first game but nothing to brag about I wouldn't imagine. The problem with full screen is that although the game is bigger it's still not full screen because they have the scoring window next to the game. And the resolution goes down in quality in full screen mode.... it looks to me like it's at 800 x 600.... not what's considered "eye candy" rez nowadays. And the rez can't be adjusted as with most new retail games out now. But what can we expect from a "free" game from M$. It's still fun to play if you're into computer pinball and it's the only game that you have installed.

Thanks again for the tips though.

Bob.
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

Quote Originally Posted by nide44
    Boy.....does that bring back memories !!
    I spent an ill guided youth in the back room of 'Nate's Deli'
    playing for 'pay offs'. Wasn't too bad at it. Got a lot of free hot dogs
    (The old style Hebrew Nat'ls that came linked together with a piece of string in between and a papler tag wrapped around it.) and some pocket cash.....'Dogs'....On a fresh baked roll - with NY style deli-mustard.
    And a cream soda (fresh made NY 'Egg Cream'!) no cans or bottles.

That was another life ago. (Altho I still go to NY every so often,
    and always head for 'The Star' deli - and others)

Real, interactive, physical, pinball..... there was a line that was always formed behind me, but when you could pick a time of day that no one else was there (cut a few classes?), you could play for hours.
    If you won too much, Nate- the owner, would kick you out
    for the rest of the day Ahhh........memories !
    Hi Bob B.,

I used to be quite the hustler when the computer game "Breakout" hit the bars. I just had a natural instinct for the game.... it was probably the single thing that I was actually the "best" at. I can play most games okay but I knew my "Breakout" and drank free many a nights... until word got around!

I remember those Deli-style Hebrew National hot dogs that were tied together with string. They had a thick skin on 'em that made them crunch a little bit. Or maybe the ones I got just sat too long in the refrigerator section of the Deli. They also had a brand named Dietz and Watson (in PA) that were similar in taste and texture that were tied together by string and were weighed then packaged in white Deli paper. They were good too.

I can still buy Hebrew Nationals down here in Florida and they're better than your average dog but they don't have the same thick skin on them or the string. They're packaged in plastic (and water) like everything else. Oh well... it's not the 60s or 70s anymore when I used to buy them at a real Deli! The ones with the big wooden barrel of Jewish pickles in them.

Bob C.
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

Quote Originally Posted by maryonwheels46
    Still wish Juke would tell me where I could buy the game collection he has. You hve to be careful on some of those sites because I went to one and it wanted to much info. I didn't know I had the pinball on my games. Love to play.
    Mary
    Hi Maryonwheels. I checked back on this thread a few times but had missed that you wanted a source for the Pinball game I installed.

Here's what it looks like:

It fills about 3/4 of the height of the screen and generally can be found packaged onto a CD/CD-ROM.

The trouble is that this fine Pinball game (Space Cadet) was made for Win. 95 and, although playable on Win. 98, will only play on more recent OSs if it has been extensively modified before being encoded to the installation CD/CD-ROM.

I have done a brief search on Google for the right CD but haven't found it yet.

What system are you running?

My high score on my newer system running Win. XP Home is over 18,000,000 and on my older Win. 95 system/OS where it runs much "faster" is over thirty mil.
    Last edited by Juke_spin; 08-10-2007 at 07:39 PM.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

Quote Originally Posted by Juke_spin
    Hi Maryonwheels. I checked back on this thread a few times but had missed that you wanted a source for the Pinball game I installed.

Here's what it looks like:

It fills about 3/4 of the height of the screen and generally can be found packaged onto a CD/CD-ROM.

The trouble is that this fine Pinball game (Space Cadet) was made for Win. 95 and, although playable on Win. 98, will only play on more recent OPs if it has been extensively modified before being encoded to the installation CD/CD-ROM.

I have done a brief search on Google for the right CD but haven't found it yet.

What system are you running?

My high score on my newer system running Win. XP Home is over 18,000,000 and on my older Win. 95 system/OP where it runs much "faster" is over thirty mil.
    Hi Steve,

That's the exact 3D pinball game that comes "free" with WinXP.

Nice score there!

Bob.

Thanks Juke. I have XP and am dial-up. I'v had trouble with games made for 98. That's also for the tip about F4. Thats better for a freeby. I had a pinball game called Monster's Ball I think and it cracked in my cd player but it was a lot of fun. If you it this spot a town would turn over and you could try to hit it. Do you think it will play on XP?
    Mary
    I want to Rock you Gypsy soul and together we will flow into the Mystic.
    Van Morrison

I would also recommend Visual Pinball, works with Win98/WinXP/Vista.
    Its a bit tricky to install but once done, there are hundreds if not thousonds of free tables to play. The ball physics are well done and most real tables are emulated.
    You will find it at http://www.vpforums.com/ where there also are tables to download and they are usualy small in size.