Thread: uhhh wierd spasms

uhhh wierd spasms

....anal spasms....god this is awkward. They dont cause accidents but they are annoying as hell....I just started getting them about 4 months ago. Are they a normal thing?

Did these begin when you started to have your skin problems? Pressure ulcers can trigger spasticity and make it worse.

(KLD)

I think it started before the skin problems....Its just an odd place to get a spasm

I get somewthing very similar...its very annoying...I thought mine might be prostate related
    C5-6 - 22 years

Could really be your sore. With the start of spasms being when whatever caused the sore started affecting you..

Quote Originally Posted by Sh0rty
    ....anal spasms....god this is awkward. They dont cause accidents but they are annoying as hell....I just started getting them about 4 months ago. Are they a normal thing?
    Anal spasms are sometimes associated with coccygeal injuries (source). It may be associated with anal fissures (Source) and abscesses (Source).

Some people get proctalgia, which are spasms of the pelvic muscles. The recommended treatment is three heaping teaspoons of vegetable powder to give yourself large soft bowel movements. Valium is sometimes used. Electrical stimulation and epidural nerve blocks may be useful for severe cases (Source).

Wise.

Thanks Wise,

I had them too and do have a fractured coccyx and issues with the L4/L5 and S1. I take Klonopin on a regular basis but at times use Valium for muscle spasms (from cervical fusions). But, by far the best thing I have done for all of this is pelvic floor physical therapy. I am amazed at how well it is working.

thanx wise
    when I discussed this with the doc, he shrugged it off like it was no big deal. If I continue on and do nothing are there going to be any consequences?
    A lot of what I read said stuff about pain....which I dont feel.