Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: driving 800 miles solo in one day.

Can someone delete one of my posts. It posted two times on here.

Sorry about that.

Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by Herco16
    Sounds like a great time!

When my seat fabric tore in my Monte Carlo, I took it to a reupholster who replaced a good bit of the original cushion with memory foam. The entire process cost me about $110.00, but I have no redness even after 4 hours. (Thats my longest w/o stopping)

Dave
    Dave - I actually have memory foam in the driver's seat, but it's not sufficient for spending almost an entire day in, at least for my bum. I've done 3-4hrs on it straight w/o problem, but I figure even that is a little bit of a gamble; it wasn't worth the risk for the distance & time I was dealing with. Good idea though.

Quote Originally Posted by nick
    I'm sure it was a great time.

I drove to Jacksonville, Florida from Chicago solo and did the same coming back. I only stopped for gas and grabbed some grub through a drive-thru and kept on trucking.

It was an amazing experience and I'd do it again in a heart beat.

I liked it the most driving through the Smokies and passing Look Out Mountain.

I drove on the way back for 17 hours straight (stopping for gas, I got about 350 miles to a tank) as I couldn't see spending $100+ dollars on a room to sleep for a couple of hours.

Did you drive the jeep you have been working on? If so, hit any off-road trails?

Eddie
    Eddie - sounds great! The Smokies are beautiful - haven't been down there in a few years though.

No ORV trails this time for me. I didn't have any free time for that on the trips back & forth, although I was likely close to some crossing through West Virginia. My free time was spent up in NW Indiana - the closest they have up there to anything offroad is cornfields.

Sounds like a nice trip Scott. Hope you took the Jeep all that way to do something fun.

And you met up w/Fuente somewhere along the way?

I've done lots of those straight drive thru trips. Here to So FL westcoast bunches of times.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Yup, fun trip w/ a mixture of work & play; no real point to take the Jeep on this trip aside from enjoying the drive. I stopped by Fuente's place briefly on my return trip. Good times.

Southern FL is a hike from here... whew.

I freaked my kid out when I just packed up and went to visit my mom in Florida back in February. It was fun and gives you a sense of freedom. I wasnt alone....Harley and Daisy were riding shotgun....LOL
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

congrats on that new accomplishment SCOTT, but remember, driving 800 miles in a day is how a few of us ended up here....not tryin to be a downer, just the "awareness police"......

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Pruett
    Yup, fun trip w/ a mixture of work & play; no real point to take the Jeep on this trip aside from enjoying the drive. I stopped by Fuente's place briefly on my return trip. Good times.

You MET fuente? Is he real? Pics?
    C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

Quote Originally Posted by justadildo
    ...but remember, driving 800 miles in a day is how a few of us ended up here...
    um... distance most likely isn't the problem. lack of stamina, lack of rest, etc are more likely causes.

Quote Originally Posted by RehabRhino
    You MET fuente? Is he real? Pics?
    yes. yes. no. sorry.

But what did you listen to? I'd need satellite or talk radio.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Pruett
    Not THAT far.... Orlando to Williamsburg is an 18hr drive...Deadeye said Southwest Fl, that's another 3hrs from Orlando.... I'm 1/2way between the two..... I dunno if y'all are N, S, E, or W of W-Burg....but I know the drive time to there....lol....
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......