Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Where can I find "real" cranberry juice?

  1. #1

    Where can I find "real" cranberry juice?

    Everything I buy is mixed with apple juice or grape juice, to add sugars I'm guessing. Is it possible to get pure cranberry juice? Does it even exist? Or is it so sour nobody would actually drink it?

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    Everything I buy is mixed with apple juice or grape juice, to add sugars I'm guessing. Is it possible to get pure cranberry juice? Does it even exist? Or is it so sour nobody would actually drink it?
    It exists, isn't too sour, is actually quite delicious. I find it in the juice aisle. If your grocer doesn't carry it, ask the manager to offer it. Some grocers will stock what they know a regular customer will purchase to keep you from going elsewhere.

  3. #3
    you can find the real stuff at Whole Foods. It's not cheep, but it's 100%. oh yeah it is some strong stuff. Have you tried mangosteen or pomegranate?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by s2sgacia
    you can find the real stuff at Whole Foods. It's not cheep, but it's 100%. oh yeah it is some strong stuff. Have you tried mangosteen or pomegranate?
    I have not, are these as effective as cranberry juice?

    Also, I have heard of people taking cranberry pills. Although I hate adding yet another pill bottle to my already bulging pill case, I wonder if that would be easier that keeping juice on hand.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    I have not, are these as effective as cranberry juice?

    Also, I have heard of people taking cranberry pills. Although I hate adding yet another pill bottle to my already bulging pill case, I wonder if that would be easier that keeping juice on hand.
    I found pure juice at my local health food store. It was too bitter, so I switched to capsules and they are easier and they seem to do the job as far as kidney/bladder cleansing goes.

  6. #6
    Senior Member ChesBay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Coastal Virginia
    Posts
    1,203
    I've been buying "Knudsen" brand juice, a google search will give you several choices of where to purchase, It may seem pricey at first but when mixed w/ water it goes a long way. I just mix it in water, it's tart but good, IMO.
    Here's one source:

    http://www.wellnessgrocer.com/knudse...ry-p-2722.html

    Some interesting info on cranberries:
    http://www.ffnmag.com/ASP/articleDis...te&Screen=HOME

  7. #7
    If you have a juicer you can make it yourself.
    1lb. berries fresh or frozen if fresh isn't available.
    5 cps. water
    1 peeled orange

    It is tart so you could add a packet of splendid.

    I made this for nine years for my paralyzed dachshund.
    Added some meat stock left after cooking their food then mixed it 3 to 1 with his drinking water.

    His first year before this he had two uti's.
    After using this juice we didn't have another one for the rest of his life.

    It's not a sure thing though. Some dogs still get uti's, stones, the works. We have discovered though the dogs that drink the most water overall are the ones this juice protects.
    Life isn't about getting thru the storm but learning to dance in the rain.

  8. #8
    Wal-Mart sells 100% cranberry juice, no sugar added, under their brand name Sam's Choice. Cheaper than Ocean Spray. I don't find it at all bitter.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by rebajane
    Wal-Mart sells 100% cranberry juice, no sugar added, under their brand name Sam's Choice. Cheaper than Ocean Spray. I don't find it at all bitter.
    Did you check the fine print? The brand I was getting said "100% Juice, Cranberry" but when I read the fine print it was grape juice with cranberry juice added from concentrate, technically 100% juice I guess. Maybe that's okay, but it doesn't even indicate what percentage of each is included. I think I'm going to switch to the pills. Less sugar that way.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    connecticut
    Posts
    8,272
    I like cranberry juice anyway, so I tend to drink it as a beverage a lot, figure why not, but as I understand it yo need a LOT of juice to get any real effect, so I go with the cranberry tablets. There is a cranberry extract as well I believe, but I haven't tried it.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Similar Threads

  1. cranberry juice prevents tooth decay
    By metronycguy in forum Life
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-26-2005, 04:07 PM
  2. reoccurring UTI..need advice
    By Chaz19 in forum Care
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-16-2005, 10:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •