Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new wheelchair 0 feedback pls- video attached

Arrow My new wheelchair 0 feedback pls- video attached

I am planning to buy new wheelchair. following are the details.

Ottobock - German company Wheelchair is manual and can be power chair too

Battery is portable and easy to fit and remove.

Weight when manual - 18kgs
    Weight when power chair - 23kgs

Wheelchair gets folded when battery is removed. Recline option is there but i didnt choose that. Elevating leg rest also there.

Cost is $6500

Video at http://superbrand.co.in/new%20wheelchair.3g2

I feel Price is very high. Please give feedback whatever you feel.

That seems to be a decent price... My manual was $5500 and my P/C was over $16000.

Looks simple and easy to transport.

Thanks paton...

More feedback pls..

The power add-on system looks a lot like the e-fix system manufactured in Germany by Alber. That system will adapt to many different manual wheelchairs.

i have an ottobock manual w/c. it weighs 23 kgs (with my roho cushion) which is half my weight so it's really hard to push. it also seems bulky compared to other chairs i've seen. it's considered to be an expensive chair but good quality.

what kind of back does thatone have? u'd prob want to lower it cosidering ur injury level. can u?

hello
    sorry, i wasnt able to open the video, but is that a z50 auxilliary drive? they are similar to the efix, but not quite the same - i think its yamaha. ottobock also sell e-support which is actually made by yamaha, and i think theyre marketed in the us as quickie xtenders. a friend has the e-support wheels, and they are very heavy to push when theyre not working, and the battery doesnt last long. the website says the z50 battery only lasts 12 kilometers...

$6500 does seem quite high - are those american dollars? are you buying from an indian company?

ottobock makes a range of chairs, both manual and power, and also the inbetween ones. the most lightweight of the power-only ones is the a500, which also has a width of 57cm - so not bad for doorways. they do make a 'titanium' folding chair that is lightweight, but its actually mostly al with some ti parts. i wasnt that impressed with it when i saw it, but then i opted for a rigid chair.

I think it is too heavy. I don't think I could push a 23 kg chair. Mine is 7,5 kg and I think that is enough.

But I don't have any powerchair so I don't know.
    TH 12, 43 years post

IMO, 18kg is ridiculous if you're intending to push it much. That's approx 40lbs.

Assuming you're talking $6500 USD, you can get an aluminum rigid frame chair that weighs less than half that for a base price of under $1500, add e-motions for power assist if you want ($5000), & still spend around the same amount.

a quickie gtx with standard options and xtender wheels on sportaid.com is around $5700 - not sure if you get the ordinary wheels too. but buying an american brand means being prepared to deal with imperial parts. quickie germany make the neon which is exactly the same with metric parts, but they are more expensive, and im not sure if they do the xtender option.

Quote Originally Posted by amyk
    a quickie gtx with standard options and xtender wheels on sportaid.com is around $5700 - not sure if you get the ordinary wheels too. but buying an american brand means being prepared to deal with imperial parts. quickie germany make the neon which is exactly the same with metric parts, but they are more expensive, and im not sure if they do the xtender option.
    All newer Quickie manual and power wheelchairs (e.g. Rhythm, Groove, GT, GTX, GTi, Ti) are metric in the US as well. I had to mention that because I didn't want anyone here in the States to develop an imperiality complex based on inaccurate information.