Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Paraplegic dream car

Quote Originally Posted by Hype62
    Speaking of the G35 coupe, is anyone driving this car? Is it easy to load a manual chair in and out of this car? Im debating if I should go with a 2 door car or a modified Honda Element. Have always loved the smooth G35 look, but never really looked into getting one because I dont want to scratch up the interior because of my chair. G37 is coming out soon, makes me want one even more.
    I find that its inevitable to scratch your car...unless you take the tranfer and the chair dissable/assemble VERY slowly...even then its almost impossible to avoid it.

The interior of the TA has faired fine over the past 5 years...its the outside side skirts that have taken a beating. Just be sure to get leather interior (not that anything else comes in the G35), it will hold up much better and be easier to clean.
    C5-6 - 22 years

Quartermile is right about that. Leather takes all the abuse you could ever throw at it.

Check out what pulled up next to me today:

Anyone want to change their mind about what constitutes a dreamcar? lol.

There is a black twin turbo s7 in the neighborhood too, I gotta get some pictures of it.
    Last edited by mattblan; 08-02-2007 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mattblan
    hardly. $1000 in mods will get you 500+ awhp in those cars and they will smoke anything on your V8 list.
    eh, 500 to the wheels off 1000 is pushing it a bit... but a 3 inch turbo back exhaust, boost controller, an ecu reflash, maybe a couple more bolt ons on an evo will have you running 11s. dont forget the driver mod
    500awhp takes quite a bit more than 1000.
    "All of us are all too stuck strapped to a chair watching our lives blow up..."

I agree with Andy. I drive a Toyota Solara, and while I am AB, I have had many friends transfer from their wheelchairs into my car- easy. Downside is the options for the driver seat was not offered for the passenger seat when I purchased my Toyota. It drives like a dream and I have had NO problems, just regular maintenance. Living in the Northwest the heat in the seats are key! It is super responsive, gives me all the speed I need, and it is a great looking car. Depending upon your chair and your height, it could be difficult to stow your chair behind the driver's seat (if you have your seat pushed way back)- but there is plenty of room in the passenger seat area. They come in a convertible model- and many car rental agencies are renting them.
    Oh and the color of my Toyota is Oceana. I have only seen two other Solaras in this color, and they were in other states!
    Good Luck!

btw, 2006 gto
    i love subies and evos, but those ls2s are the best bang for the buck out there

hmm... how about the Audi S5.

For when the money tree seeds I planted in the back yard finally sprout...

Quote Originally Posted by jbinny
    btw, 2006 gto
    i love subies and evos, but those ls2s are the best bang for the buck out there
    I agree. I spoke to a veteran vette saleman last week and he said that the latest vettes have the Ls3 in them and list for 45K. People are buying the base coupes, adding about $3500 for new heads and a cam and are dynoing in the Z06 range!

C6 LS3 - 45K + $3500 = $48500 = 515+ rwhp
    C6 Z06 - 75K = 515 rwhp

but dont get me wrong...id give a testicle for a small block 427 anyday

This guy is here in GA...he didnt feel as though his stock Z06 had enough power behind it...so he added a little....bring on the imports and italians...

C5-6 - 22 years

Jeep Cherokee SRT-8

All wheel drive, a lot of room, over 400 horsepower, plenty of aftermarket
    parts available, and low enough to the ground. I'm seriously considering
    one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by quartermile

sweet mercy... what, 150 shot?