Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: Paraplegic dream car

Quote Originally Posted by SoulScream
    I really like cornering, the live axle isn't the best for this. It is strong and well suited for straight line work though right? Each person likes different things, that was why I feel the other way about it.
    Live axles are ancient technology, but then again, that means that lots of people have been working on them for quite some time and have found ways to make them work really well. You can build a kick ass road racing car without IRS. My husband's current race car is a great example. It's hella fast, faster than my car and mine has a very sophisticated rear end, similar to the Australian touring cars.

C.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Racing
    Live axles are ancient technology, but then again, that means that lots of people have been working on them for quite some time and have found ways to make them work really well. You can build a kick ass road racing car without IRS. My husband's current race car is a great example. It's hella fast, faster than my car and mine has a very sophisticated rear end, similar to the Australian touring cars.

C.
    I thought about that and it occured to me that mods to the live axle were trying to making it like an IRS. Is that the case? Keeping the strengths and upgrading the weaknesses is smart. What is his current race car?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Racing
    Live axles are ancient technology
    Deepens on what you are racing

I drive a 2004 porsche 911 carrera and i only need the universal hand controls and my kuschall champion wheelchair to go anywhere by myself. I dont have photos yet from the hand controls but i'll post them when i'll do it.