Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: do we eat to live?or do we live to eat?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun
    I eat cause im hungry!
    Have a buddy like that. Only eats when he is hungry. He’s favourite is “Joikaboller”; meatballs made of cattle, caribou, water, potato flour, heart meat, blood proteins, pork rind, leaf fat, salt, milk proteins, glucose and spice etc… He owns a little cargo boat going up and down the coast, and at one time he had serious problems to get the crewmen to stay for longer periods, and to hire others. The thing was that he of course only had hermetic dinners on the boat and here Joikaboller was he’s favourite (se picture below), but that wasn’t the only problem as such, he preferred to eat it out of the can, he didn't want to waste time to heat it, and expected the crew to do the same Lol

Maybe you should give him a call Shaun, you could have been the Joika chef.
    Last edited by Leif; 07-30-2007 at 02:56 PM.

yuch...

Leif....I think I'm losing my lunch on that post of what's in Joika...it's just like not wanting to know what's in SPAM...

If we don't eat, we don't live.
    If we don't live, we don't eat.

It's a plus we can consume things that also taste good too.
    Life isn't about getting thru the storm but learning to dance in the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by harley-lynn
    Leif....I think I'm losing my lunch on that post of what's in Joika...it's just like not wanting to know what's in SPAM...
    LOL. Also reads like the back of an Alpo can.
    Life isn't about getting thru the storm but learning to dance in the rain.

i am glad because i make you to think and laugh guys.
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

Quote Originally Posted by harley-lynn
    Hehe, “Joikaboller” is canned food and means; well “boller” means balls (not to be misunderstood although some say it could have some effect on “those>” ones too) and Joik is chanting singing, by the Sami people up north (thus Joikaboller – “meatballs” kind of). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlVvXvkCnUo , this Sami up north in the example here might be a bit drunk though and to loaded with Joikaboller I think, but it clearly demonstrates the effect of Joikaboller (energy level is boosted), thus since Shaun is somewhat from up north I thought it was a tip. What’s in Joikaboller? I posted that above. And it is very rich on proteins, I’ve tasted it many times, not from the can though, and it is not to bad actually, well if not having it seven days a week lol… I have to add, that some has said the logo on the Joikaboller can is discriminating minority people, the Samis. Well, I don’t think so; and definitely not buddy with the cargo boat, he’s a big consumer of this product lol.
    Last edited by Leif; 07-30-2007 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adi chicago
    i am glad because i make you to think and laugh guys.
    It’s not thinking, it’s purely instincts.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindox
    LOL. Also reads like the back of an Alpo can.
    Didn’t know what Alpo was (had to check that brand nam nam), had a Lab at one time, Joikaboller went down like chocolate. Well, here is a better Joik chanting singing, not influenced by joikaboller or booze (I think). Marie Boine from up north here might be handling the joik a bit better then the link above -she’s kind of famous when it comes to native or first nation issue fights in many countries I believe, she sings pretty good, a clip; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJr_sa6nBck

The Joik from up north here sound a bit north American Indian? Don't you think so. I think there are some similarities. And maybe the North American Indians also had their Joikaboller due to these similarities. Well, on the other hand, this connection would fall on it's own silliness, buddy with the boat, no one will ever want to hear him singing, joikaboller or not, sincerely.
    Last edited by Leif; 07-30-2007 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leif
    It’s not thinking, it’s purely instincts.
    is better to laugh than to cry ....ouch neuropain again.when i laugh my pain is decreasing significant .
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

Quote Originally Posted by adi chicago
    is better to laugh than to cry ....ouch neuropain again.when i laugh my pain is decreasing significant .
    Don’t you have any Romania Youtoube eating, drinking and singing clips? Here is one as for eating from here? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q66HNKQ-tIw Youngster just went along and tasted all the spice in his parents kitchen.