Thread: inserting multiple pictures at once for e-mailing

Cool inserting multiple pictures at once for e-mailing

I use Outlook Express and would like to know how I can insert more than one picture at once? Or can I just insert one picture at a time? I don't really like sending a bunch of attachments. Is it even possible with Outlook Express or do I need another e-mail program or an additional program? I have Windows XP Pro and want to insert about up to 15 pictures /images.
    Last edited by Jimi5; 07-29-2007 at 11:27 AM.

I assume you have a Mac? If you want to send more than one attachment, just attach them individually (if you need to attach both a document and a photo), or if sending multiple photos, click on each photo while using the command key to attach. You can also drag photos to your e-mail when you have iPhoto open.

(KLD)

Probably not a Mac, since the OP says he's running WinXP.

If I were sending 15 pictures, I'd zip them and send the zip file. Actually, I wouldn't send 15 pictures, I'd put them on a website somewhere and send the web address.

In WinXP, you can create a zipped file by putting all the pictures in one folder, right-click on the folder, and choose Send To Compressed Folder.

Well, of course he edited his text to say that after I replied.

For a Windows user, you can just use the Control key to click on multiple photos to insert more than one into an e-mail.

If you don't want to send as a Zip file, then you may be limited to how many photos you can send by either your ISP or your recepient's ISP, so it may be better to send only 5 photos or so per e-mail.

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse

For a Windows user, you can just use the Control key to click on multiple photos to insert more than one into an e-mail.

If you don't want to send as a Zip file, then you may be limited to how many photos you can send by either your ISP or your recepient's ISP, so it may be better to send only 5 photos or so per e-mail.

(KLD)
    When I do that, they appear as attachments. I would like them to appear without the attachments.

Blog Entries
    Here is what the HELP for OE states...
    To insert a picture into a message

Click the place in the message where you want the image to appear.
    On the Insert menu, click Picture, and then click Browse to find the image file.
    Enter Layout and Spacing information for the image file as needed.
    Notes

If you cannot select the Picture command, make sure HTML formatting is turned on by clicking the Format menu in the message window and then clicking Rich Text (HTML). A black dot appears by the command when it is selected.
    If message recipients are not able to view your inserted images, on the Tools menu, click Options. Click the Send tab, click HTML Settings, and then make sure that Send pictures with messages is selected. Then resend your message.
    To insert a background picture into your message, in the message window, on the Format menu, point to Background, and then click Picture. Click the Browse button to search for the file you want to use.

ME...

I use OPERA. When I attach multiples, I click the first pic hold the shift key and click the last pic, it gets all in between. (put them in a seperate folder if there are others in between that you do not want to send, only takes a sec to drag and drop) They show up inline, in the email.
    If the receiving friends have their OPTIONS set to NOT show pics inline, it will not work that way. Generally speaking, most email programs haveto be set to show pics inline. Not sure about OE because I have NEVER used a MS mail program. I like security.
    Last edited by CapnGimp; 07-29-2007 at 01:26 PM.

Blog Entries
    BTW jpg's ARE a COMPRESSED format for pictures. You can not compress them anymore(hardly worth the time for the VERY few kbs you save).
    If you are sending RAW or TIFF formats, convert to jpeg/jpg beforehand. Unless you are WANTING to send a high resolution version anyway.
    I suggest opening an account on www.flickr.com to host your best photos. I liked it so well. I have a paid account now. It is a HUGE worldwide community. Then you can just send the link.

I send a lot of files over email, not only pictures but all sorts of files.

• Many email service providers cut off total attachments at about a megabyte. So, if you put all your pictures into a zip file, it often can exceed a megabyte. One major exception is Google. They allow transfer of files up to 20 Mb. So, if your recipient has Google and you have Google, just keep attaching.
    http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/200...ment-size.html

• If you have your own service provider with a server somewhere, you can use that to put your files on your web site with a password protection. Put the file on the web site, send an email to the receipient with the URL and password, and have the person download with a brower. For example, I have a .mac account and an earthlink account. Both of these providers allow me to do this.

• If you are in a bind, have no willing service provider, and your receipient is a total internet zombie, you can use one of the free web services that allow you to deposit a file on their server and send the URL to the recipient to download the file. I am a little nervous about entrusting files to a free service and so I usually go to one of the paid services and use the trial. For example, http://www.filesdirect.com/ has a 2-week trial period to send 150 Mb of files. If you like the service, you can pay $18 to get 250 Mb storage on the server.

Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse
    Sorry about that!

Blog Entries
    www.Tinypic.com is another good free place, no limits and easy.