Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: for those who want too play guitar again.

for those who want too play guitar again.

im starting this thread too share some songs i've played on guitar as a quad.im only sharing this myspace too maybe help inspire someone too try too play music again... heres the link... god bless all of us.
    sincerly....stan
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ideoID=3072995
    and another song here http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ideoID=3202281
    also check out my paintings on myspace here http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=54167892
    Last edited by sjs; 07-29-2007 at 02:28 AM.

Hi, Stan. I just heard you music on myspace and I got a few question. Are you using an open tuning, and what is it. Your sound is very cool. Are you using a distortion box, or just overdriving the amp. Have you ever tried a thumb pick. I have one that is totally adjustable, and you can set the angle of attack. It worked for me when I was having hand problems. It might be worth a try. And lastly...how can I hear more of your music? Thanks for sharing it.
    "Music will always find its way to us, with or without business, politics, religion, or any other bullshit attached. Music survives everything, and like God it is always present. It needs no help, and suffers no hindrance. It has always found me, and with God's blessing and permission, it always will." Eric Clapton

sjs, I haven't checked out your site yet, but I'm psyched! I've always wanted to try playing again, but other stuff got in the way: school, drawing, work, etc. Like 6string wondered, I figured an open tuning would be best, maybe using a slide. I miss playing guitar badly...er...I badly miss playing guitar.

OK, watching/listening! Cool! I see still shots, but not video. Maybe I need to be signed into MySpace? Anyway, I dig the sound, and it looks like something similar to what I had been thinking.

Is that a custom built guitar? Where can I get one of those?

I was just saying the other day how I don't know if I could even read music now if I tried, I haven't done it in so long. I broke my neck in 1990 (17 years almost) and I had been playing guitar for about 4 years, classical and rock, acoustic (Yamaha) and electric (Ibanez strat copy).

Dude, we gotta talk!

Haven´t gone into your site or listened yet. I am a para, which obviously makes playing a lot easier. I played during my teens and 20´s in cover bands and some original music. I stopped playing regularly in my early 30´s and picked it up again a couple of years after my accident (accident at 39, started playing regularly again at 41). I am now playing in a classic rock cover band. Hope the best for you. Keep it up!
    T6 complete (or so I think), SCI since September 21, 2003

fr sjs

hi guys...im not sure what open tuning im using..i've experimented with making them up...i play by ear.i use 2 similr ones...one works for regular blues then detune one string for aminor blues.I'll describe better later...the guitar i use is made by chris fouke at www.industrialguitar.com he custom built it with the strings farther apart than normal too make picking seperate notes easier.i use a br8 boss 8tack recorder with built in amps and drums.then i record the bass lines i played and organ etc...then multitrack them all together...i don't have a video cam,thats why i used stills.at least it shows how i play though....the saying anything is possible just isn't true,but almost ANYTHING IS

i wish i still had full use of upper body.then i could really rip.but whatcha gonna do,right?oh well

click too see pictures of the tools i use too play.

Awesome tunes dude. Fucking great!!!!
    T6 complete (or so I think), SCI since September 21, 2003

Sounds awsome !!!!!Id love to get back to playing .I just need a guitar.