Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: im starting all over again

So are we saying this "Blonco" is an imposter? I am disturbed at this. I actually got very emotional while reading about it. I need to know....what say you?

I am not saying that for I never got involved in this topic till today, I just saw your post and thought that I would respond to you with honesty.. there are those that come on to these sights to get info this way and then there are those that feel that they need the attention..then you have the ones that think and try to be honest with their intentions, those are the ones that most prefer to help... by the looks of this thread I would say you got played....sorry

I smelled a line of crap from the beginning. Didn't fool me, he's just another wanna-be.

Yes I believe so also. I never imagined anyone (better yet, Anything) would lower themselves to that pathetic level for attention! I was reading all of the post's by this person and it's no secret that it's an idiot! The dates dont even make sense. WOW....I would not wish a recovered SCI on my worst enemy! What a sick person....he definetly is "disabled"....ha

Hey Quad79,
    What part of VA are you from?

Wow, I just read this entire thread for the first time. I guess it started before I joined CC, but I have a couple of comments to make. I guess I smell a rat too. One can't be both simultaneously desperate for help and then throw out lines like "too busy." Who Blonco is (or isn't) feels almost secondary to how moved I am by the amount of effort that the CC community put into trying to help him, including going to Shriner's to visit him in person. Just want to say you are all terrific, and if he is an imposter, well, I guess on some levels that means he is in deeper trouble than we are!

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkshel
    So are we saying this "Blonco" is an imposter? I am disturbed at this. I actually got very emotional while reading about it. I need to know....what say you?
    I am afraid so. I think the poor spelling was an attempt to look young? Search the site for "KatieG" to find another example.

Like Darrel said, it is a shame when people waste their time responding to imposters, only to no longer want to bother later, for people who really need help.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Just want to clarify the last sentence of my last post when I said that if he is an imposter he is in "deeper trouble than we are!" What I meant was that he was more disabled than we will ever be......but in his case from the neck UP.

Quote Originally Posted by sjean423
    I am afraid so. I think the poor spelling was an attempt to look young? Search the site for "KatieG" to find another example.

Like Darrel said, it is a shame when people waste their time responding to imposters, only to no longer want to bother later, for people who really need help.
    Don't worry I won't let one ignorant ass make me un responsive to others that I may be able to help...Hopefully he will meet Karma one day soon.
    C 6 & 7 Since 9/03

Two points that make me really question this person- 1) They report they have sustained a C5-6 injury and are now in a Halo. In my experience as a therapist on inpatient rehab at a model system center is that the Halo is a device utilized in the highest of injuries- C1-3. And that below this a minerva, miami j is the orthotic of choice. Ultimately there are exceptions to the rules, but I have yet to see otherwise in the past couple several years.

2) The second issue is that he reported getting the Halo off approximately 2 months after the injury. Again, if one is in a Halo, they are typically on for approximately three months. The timeline is based upon the amount of time the body needs in order to heal the bones involved.

I believe protocol to be fairly similar throughout the country, although I think Halos are still more prevalent on the East Coast.

I reserve judgement at this point- however the deets and the actions of this person don't quite match up. If I am in error in my suspicion I apologze. If I am correct with what my gut is telling me, then this person is a pathetic, lost soul.

Pam