Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: your favorite bread

your favorite bread

which is your favorite bread?
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

I like all kinds of bread, depending on my mood and what I'm eating with it. As a kid, I hated rye, but I love it now, especially for sandwiches. For every day sammiches, I use whole wheat, not crappy white bread. Pumpernickle is good (a type of rye, a dark brown colored bread) and fresh Cuban bread and a fresh Cuban sandwich is awesome.

warm, fresh from the oven homemade bread. I remember visiting my great- granma in Colorado, she made the best hamemade bread I ever tasted.

Stay safe my son. See you around thanksgiving!

A great loaf of Italian or French bread. It has to have a nice crusty crust on the outside. I take that and hollow it out and stuff it with whatever. Or cut up some tomatoes with olive oil, oregano and a little onion and dunk in the juice. Yep, fresh crusty bread.

I like all kinds of bread..Beer bread is my favorite tasting. mmmm'
    Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

I worked in a bakery when i was younger and we used to get the italain twisted bread with seeds right out of the oven and put butter on it. so good....
    Be always determined in Life and Love

Quote Originally Posted by Robynbird569
    warm, fresh from the oven homemade bread. I remember visiting my great- granma in Colorado, she made the best hamemade bread I ever tasted.
    Somehow anything I make and bake myself; that comes out of my over, tastes great. Probably because I add lots of chewey, tasty stuff to the dough. It never lasts though.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

I try to loose weight so I prefer Fedon Lindberg these day, low karb.
    TH 12, 43 years post

NO wheat bread please!!! I like all others (especially biscuits and anything I make at home)

Quote Originally Posted by woman from Europe
    I try to loose weight so I prefer Fedon Lindberg these day, low karb.
    Bente. Seems to me that good ole’ Fedon is getting the balloon shape more and more these days although he’s supposedly healthy hyped bread is making it’s way into the stores. Also, saw this study, some bread types seems to look like whole rye bread or similar, fibre rich, healthy and so on. That was not the fact when further investigated, some bread types looking like white bread actually had the same supposedly healthy consistent as “brown bread”. Guess some are cheating us… I personally is not so bothered with the types of bread I eat other than taste (taste of bread is not so important either, I’m more the type that eat cold cuts with bread underneath, not the opposite ). -these days I like this stone oven-baked bread they sell some places, but I also like a slice with whole rye bread (not to much of it, bugs my system) with Norwegian goat cheese at breakfast though, accompanied with a cup of tea or coffee. If not having any of that in-house, a few biscuits and a beer will do Well, actually, have never done that, well maybe in my younger days at late parties, but then we used to eat all kinds of strange stuff, remember one time, some served jelly dessert basically made of vodka after such an breakfast, an derail from the topic here though, but remember we all thought the dessert was prima