Thread: Dragon Speaking Headset

Dragon Speaking Headset

For those of you who use Drago0n Naturally Speaking what headset do you have and where did you get it?

Thanks..
    ^^(A)^^

USB headsets are better than analog headsets for Dragon NaturallySpeaking because the sound is converted to digital which does not pick up electronic noise/interference from within the computer enclosure. If you are going to use or are using an analog headset, then I would recommend that you get the Andrea USB Sound Pod .
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

PN is correct. USB headsets are much more accurate. I got mine at Best Buy for $50. If you can get to a Best Buy has somebody that works there and he'll know what you need. Otherwise I'm not sure where you can get one.

you may want to check here

Here are some solutions that can be on the pricey side, but will work pretty well.
    http://www.emicrophones.com/micropho...asp?subcatID=4

On my desktop I have a Sennheiser handheld mic in a swing away arm. If their headset microphone is anything like it, it would be well worth the money. The only problem I see is getting it on or off since it wraps around the back of the head.

I've just got a regular desktop microphone on a swing a way arm. It's analog.

And since I spend most of my time on the computer in bed (I tend to forget to do weight relief unless I'm actually active, and sitting in the chair staring at the computer screen is not active) I got an extension cord for th microphone to be able to reach the bed.

With the desktop microphone, since I'm C5, I don't have to worry about someone putting on or taking off the headset.

I was rereading the thread and sorry PN I didn't see the link you posted when I made a reference to emicrophones.com. They are pretty good online supplier.

Quote Originally Posted by doingtimeonmyass
    I was rereading the thread and sorry PN I didn't see the link you posted when I made a reference to emicrophones.com. They are pretty good online supplier.
    No apology necessary. They (emicrophones) do have good equipment for VR.

All artists build off the shoulders of other artists!
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com