Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Colours Razorbalade Pics ADDED SHOX PIC

Very nice, I have black ones too (and red and blue ). How do you like them (weight, rolling resistance)?
    Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)

Yeah- looks very nice. How do you like them? Which ones are they?

I just got Shox put on mine, and cannot stand them so far. But, with all the mistakes my new DME place has made this week alone, I wouldn't be suprised if I did not get the right ones. Any idea how I find out which I have?
    nikki
    T6 complete since Oct, 2001
    TiLite ZRa, Spinergy LX 24", Shox Firm tires, 3" volcanic glare rollerblade wheels for casters

Quote Originally Posted by nikki-k
    I just got Shox put on mine, and cannot stand them so far.
    What is wrong with them?

Quote Originally Posted by nikki-k
    Yeah- looks very nice. How do you like them? Which ones are they?

I just got Shox put on mine, and cannot stand them so far. But, with all the mistakes my new DME place has made this week alone, I wouldn't be suprised if I did not get the right ones. Any idea how I find out which I have?
    IM RUNNING THE 90PSI. i love them.

jgni, these d's rock.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by JGNI
    What is wrong with them?
    They feel more like 80psi than 110 psi to me. If I pull up quick to a small ledge I want to pop up, it almost feels like they are going to compress clean to the rim due to the softness of them. And when I run a straight line, there is a "waver" to them. Trying to think of a way to explain the feeling...maybe like this: you are on a sled going down a hill that is icy. There are some smaller grooves, and it feels like the sled keeps trying to align itself into one groove, then another, then another, etc. It is as if they are pulling one way, then another. Not that drastic; very, very subtle. Maybe I got some of the softer ones, and/or a bad batch?

Plus, if I get a really good roll goin and grab hard, I can slide them pretty easily on sidewalks and most pavement so far. With the Kenda Koncepts, sittin at ~100-105psi, even a little wet, they weren't goin anywhere unless I wanted them to, and even then it took a bit to slide 'em. I am always afraid I will roll a tire off the rim when taking turns REALLY fast and braking hard goin into them (except with the solid core pneumatics I had; they werent coming off the rim, but slidiing on the hottest day was still going to happen).

Maybe they need a bit of break-in on top of them possibly being "bad batch"? I figured that if these are softer though, they shouldn't slide that easily...or is that the nature of the beast? Maybe I got my hopes too high? Or I am more destructive a user than I thought?

Trying to decide if I want to give the Kik's a run still or not...they are on the way though I believe...I feel like such a finicky bitch
    nikki
    T6 complete since Oct, 2001
    TiLite ZRa, Spinergy LX 24", Shox Firm tires, 3" volcanic glare rollerblade wheels for casters

fuente,

I agree for the D's Locks, had them for a few years and you know the rest, I never tried your Shox version but I would guess that mine (Mako HR) are harder.

nikki,

I guess you have fuente version of the Shox (90'ish psi) so it's hard for me to comment (told you to get the Mako HR ... ) but for sure you would not be able roll my tires off the rim, impossible. As I said, I used to roll on Continental saalsport indoor tires inflated at 120 psi and I don't really see a difference with the Mako's, but I could see a real difference between a 110 psi Primo and the Conti's (maybe I'm crazy, but no). In fact, yes they are so hard that, as with hard inflated tires, it can be more difficult to go up on a sidewalk and so on and yes usually the harder (for the same material though) the more it will slide. But it's for an everyday chair, not a racing chair. There will always be a trade off between speed, maintenance, weight, adherence, going over things, stability and so on, but you already know that, don't you . Good luck and keep us updated, are your Shox's on Spinergy rims?

fuente, whats your cog set at?
    "All of us are all too stuck strapped to a chair watching our lives blow up..."

Quote Originally Posted by jbinny
    I understand that we need to share info on set up's and so on but to me, COG info is not that relevant since it means different things to different chair models, your height, the height of your backrest and it's angle, how far in the back you sit, style of pushing, how high are your knees and so on, not to talk about what is your preference for the feel of the chair and the trade-off's that are coming with it.

Sorry for my interruption . I'm out!

Oh, and he said 4" on post #10

Quote Originally Posted by jbinny
    I think COG is measured differently on colours and tilite chairs. Not sure, but from looking at the order form of the razorblade, its cog is measured from the back of the back post to the center of the axle tube, whereas tilite is measure from front of back post to center of axle.

Edit: didnt see JGNI already answered your question
    Last edited by Hype62; 07-29-2007 at 10:00 PM.
    May 2000, T4-5 Complete.

Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo

Blog Entries
    I often wonder why cog is referred to as a given distance measurement on a wheelchair. It isn't the true cog anyway. That might work on IDENTICAL chairs for a relative comparison for ONE user but it actually has no meaning in the truest sense of the term.
    It is actually the balance point of an object in a manner of speaking. A point at which(on rigid objects) the weight on opposite sides are equal. So for two different wc riders who are built differently, that is, have different weight distributions, it really is of no use to know what anothers setup is.
    If you sat in anothers chair, it would not be the same cog. Not to mention it would feel different to you also(which the term is used to convey the idea of 'tippiness' if you will)

Probably won't affect the price of a duck-billed platypus manicure tomorrow, but it is just one of those things that I had to bring up. I wish the mfg's would use a better fitting term.