Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Colours Razorbalade Pics ADDED SHOX PIC

it feels exactly the same. colours said it would they were right. i freaked when i saw it. but when u put my eclipse next to it they are nearly identical. why is that.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR
    fuente,

You know I just had to work this in...

Do you think your 80 degree frame angle will actually pose that much of a problem?

Actually, I bet your positioning is almost the same as it was in your Eclipse.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

2 blocks away from the Real Housewives of Orange County
    Fuente, where did you get your chair from? It's not on Sportaid.com :-( Is it typically available to DME companies? I can't buy direct, can't "go out of network" even though it would save thousands of $$. I just looked at the invoice for my Quickie Ti, and the price they charged was $2895. That's about a thousand more than I could have gotten it direct from Sportaid or other company. Add up all the other "stuff" and my chair cost $5690 of which I had to pay a 20% deductable. I'd better get my chair before the end of the year when my company reduces health benefits even more. Sorry for all the questions!

I don't hear much about the Terminator. That was the chair I had before, and I really liked it. I never had any major problems with it, except that after having it for 4 years it looked pretty beat up. What's the general opinion out there about the Terminator (any style)?

TRY bike on. my ins payed 100 percent. i speced it out then had my dme push the paper. stay in control.

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliegirl
    Fuente, where did you get your chair from? It's not on Sportaid.com :-( Is it typically available to DME companies? I can't buy direct, can't "go out of network" even though it would save thousands of $$. I just looked at the invoice for my Quickie Ti, and the price they charged was $2895. That's about a thousand more than I could have gotten it direct from Sportaid or other company. Add up all the other "stuff" and my chair cost $5690 of which I had to pay a 20% deductable. I'd better get my chair before the end of the year when my company reduces health benefits even more. Sorry for all the questions!

I don't hear much about the Terminator. That was the chair I had before, and I really liked it. I never had any major problems with it, except that after having it for 4 years it looked pretty beat up. What's the general opinion out there about the Terminator (any style)?
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

The front frame of the Eclipse seems to have a bit of an "S" in the front frame. The initial bend looks like exaggerated--like it would result in a 95 degree frame angle if the rest of the downtube were straight. About midway down, however, there appears to be a secondary bend to bring the footrest back out. It is stylish, but probably not practical from a design standpoint for the Razorblade since the caster barrel is mounted off the downtube. With the exception of the taper in the front frame, the Razorblade's downtube is otherwise straight. They both end up at roughly the same place, they just take different paths to get there (maybe the Razorblade is a little further forward?).

Last edited by SCI_OTR; 07-28-2007 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliegirl

Some say here you are either a TiLite or a Colours guy, well I am a Top End guy, and I use a Terminator Titanium Link. I guess it's just me but I really don't really like any of the Colours designs (sorry chromy fuente) and I dont like the Lasher's either (spec'ed the same they don't seem lighter either). I really prefer the designs of Top End, TiLite and some K├╝schall. I want the chair to be nice but to disappear a bit too.

It looks to me that the Colours chairs are good though and that the staff there are behind their products from fuente's commentaries and that counts.
    Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)

Hey Jean Guy, did you pay out of pocket for your chair? If you did, was it worth it? The SAAQ will only pay for my clunker of an R2, which still gets me around, but I'd be more inclined to take a light, more manouverable chair outside as opposed to switching back and forth between my power chair.

JGNI,

Is that an 85 degree front frame? Or when you went to Top End, did you and Chris determine it using the various dimensions relative to the caster barrels that they used a couple of years ago?

BTW, D's locks are almost mandatory on a custom Terminator when the seat depth is <16" because there is no clean way to mount clamp on wheel locks where they will work.

u know that is it. i just looked at my eclipse. the horizontal measurments are identical. john box told me the frt of the blade is designed different but can hold the same dimensional profile as the eclipse.

sci otr your post was spot on, i think u fall into the 1 percent of competant pt/ot's.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR
    The front frame of the Eclipse seems to have a bit of an "S" in the front frame. The initial bend looks like exaggerated--like it would result in a 95 degree frame angle if the rest of the downtube were straight. About midway down, however, there appears to be a secondary bend to bring the footrest back out. It is stylish, but probably not practical from a design standpoint for the Razorblade since the caster barrel is mounted off the downtube. With the exception of the taper in the front frame, the Razorblade's downtube is otherwise straight. They both end up at roughly the same place, they just take different paths to get there (maybe the Razorblade is a little further forward?).

Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

Chris,

Yes out of pocket from my good friends of Bike-On but I went in Florida to pick it up. Was it worth it? Obviously for me yes but it is always a subjective matter. It is easier to push, looks better, is lighter, no scratch Ti bead blasted, to me it was enough even though I never sat in a R2.

SCI_OTR,

Yes it is an 85 degrees frame and me & Chris never had a discussion about the caster barrels. I want to cut some of the top of the barrels because I think it looks weird since there is more over than under the tubes connecting to it, I guess it is because they use the barrels used with the 1" tubing on my 3/4" tubing. Aesthetically, I wish they had used a smaller caster barrel like those they were using on the Cro-Mo 3/4" Terminator that I once had.

And you are absolutely right with the fact that there is nowhere to put brakes that will work, D's Locks is the solution (even more with the HR Kik Makos or Shoxs).
    Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps
    u know that is it. i just looked at my eclipse. the horizontal measurments are identical. john box told me the frt of the blade is designed different but can hold the same dimensional profile as the eclipse.

sci otr your post was spot on, i think u fall into the 1 percent of competant pt/ot's.
    John,you must not have any abs. That is too much dump! Why do you have to replace your chair every couple of years?