Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Colours Razorbalade Pics ADDED SHOX PIC

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun
    Yes you can....$10.95

How much they weighs? Easy to install?
    The mounting on the chair is very easy, did it myself, a poor little quad. As for the lock rings on the wheels, I bought the wheels with them on but it looks easy (for an AB), just a disc attached to 2 half discs with 12 screws (it used to be so much more screws before, just because Steve from D's Locks thought it looked cool, he was right ).

I could be wrong on the weight, but I think I remember Steve telling me that they would had close to a pound compared to regular on tire brakes (more or less depending if you take the one or two levers option I guess).

They are worth every $ they cost (among things I tried on my chairs in 24 years it would come on top or very near to it). Extremely reliable, very low maintenance, incredible ease of use. I don't think they make that much money out of them considering the small sales volume. Could they be less expensive? Of course, if the patent was sold to a big company and produced in mass for most wheelchairs, but it seams that this did not happen yet ... I remember Chris at Top End telling me that they could produce them for so much less with prices they can get from CNC'd stuff when he saw them and I told him the price. I don't know how much the end user would benefit from it though (greedy big companies).

Alternatives (beside the old fashion brakes), even if different, are much more expensive (DT Swiss, ADI disc brakes).
    Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)

Blog Entries
    Like HEL they would sell them for less and we KNOW it ! Look at what everything else costs and it is SO easy to bend a bit of tubing and weld a chair.
    Sure with a cnc it would be faster and volume sells COULD make it cheaper. I'm glad somebody is making them, great design he has. I can get by with my factory brakes though, got too many places to spend my pennies as it is, lol.

JGNI, Fuente and oither D's Locks users,

I have D's Locks on my new TiLite TR with Spinergy SPOX, which is still in the adjusting to suit me stage. I find that when I apply the brakes I then have to give the wheels a little bit of a wiggle before the pins click into place in the wheel's lock rings (sort of like they are spring loaded). Then there is quite a bit of wiggle still in the chair even though the brakes are holding.

Do you get this delayed clicking into place thing as well?

How much play or wiggle does your chair have with the brakes on?

Also, Fuente looking at your pic from the first page it looks like they did not put the jam nuts on the pistons of your D's Locks (see green arrow in the pic I have grabbed from another members page, sorry to that person I forget who it was). They might move around over time without it.
    Last edited by Jeff B; 07-31-2007 at 03:16 PM.

Same wiggle as you, you get used to it. The only solution is stiffer wheels like the X-Cores.

The click is just that the piston needs to be in front of a hole to lock in, you move a little and it finds a hole and you hear the piston clicking in.
    Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)

yup wiggle here too. im used to it already
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

on the razor the jam nutz arent needed. the piston is jammed against the camber tube,. in order to adjust the u need to dismantle the entire assembly

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff B
    JGNI, Fuente and oither D's Locks users,

I have D's Locks on my new TiLite TR with Spinergy SPOX, which is still in the adjusting to suit me stage. I find that when I apply the brakes I then have to give the wheels a little bit of a wiggle before the pins click into place in the wheel's lock rings (sort of like they are spring loaded). Then there is quite a bit of wiggle still in the chair even though the brakes are holding.

Do you get this delayed clicking into place thing as well?

How much play or wiggle does your chair have with the brakes on?

Also, Fuente looking at your pic from the first page it looks like they did not put the jam nuts on the pistons of your D's Locks (see green arrow in the pic I have grabbed from another members page, sorry to that person I forget who it was). They might move around over time without it.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Fuentes, Still looking forward to finding out the fully-equipped weight of your new chair. I think it would be a helpful reference.

on the weight topic, I can't say how it exactly compares to a ZR(a) or a Crossfire, but I've seen them all & use a Crossfire myself; all the cantilever chair frames seem similar to me. Other components will make more of a difference than maybe a pound or two (max) worth of tube, but regardless the Razorblade is pretty light. I saw it a couple days ago.

I also wonder why, to date, none of the Big Boys (TiLite, Quickie, Invacare, Colours, etc.) have put out a magnesium-alloy frame. I can't imagine that this niche will remain LasherSports' forever. If anyone has an ear into the boardroom thinking of the big players, I'd love to know if this is an area they're planning on pursuing.

Mg really gives no advantage. Yes it's light, and strong, but really stiff, and a PAIN to weld.
    The fatigue properties aren't well known in larger applications either.

Ti is the wonder metal. Strength of steel, flex of steel, but overall weight of Al. I say overall weight, cause it is heavier, but due to less neecd material, it is even.