Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: Colours Razorbalade Pics ADDED SHOX PIC

D's Locks are so good and easy to use that you use the brakes when you wouldn't have bothered to before having them, very convenient.
    Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)

Quote Originally Posted by 24/7 Quad
    Are you liking the pushblacks and SHOX?
    yes i do love them... Pushblacks are worth the tiny price tag.

sooooooooo true

Quote Originally Posted by JGNI
    D's Locks are so good and easy to use that you use the brakes when you wouldn't have bothered to before having them, very convenient.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by Patonb
    yes i do love them... Pushblacks are worth the tiny price tag.
    I agree. Best I have ever had. And the SHOX are better than the Kiks I used for years.

ok. please someone explain what d locks are. i've looked at your pics. when i transfer with my standard brakes that came with my colours eclipse, i hafta put something behind my left rear wheel to help keep my chair from moving. where can i buy d locks from?

i sometimes use my standard brakes to help slow down or steer my chair when i'm going very fast. i don't engage them fully, just enough to steer. could that be done with d locks or when you engage them, is it a complete lock/stop?

i used to lock my standard brakes years ago n tip my chair back leaning against something in a locked wheelie position. no way with the standard brakes i have now. back then the brake against the tire was a flat surface, like a screw driver blade. now the brake surface against the tire is round and doesn't work well.

dlocks work by attaching two little pistons to your chair, and a 'lock ring ' to the hubs of each wheel. the pistons are activated by a single handle that is on a long wire, and you can clamp it anywhere on your chair within reach. when you want to lock your chair in position, you flip the handle, and two pins pop out of the end of the piston fitting and lock into the rings on your hubs.

its a positive lock, and once engaged will not move, so you cant use it for slowing or steering.

they are around the $400 mark, and you can get them at sportaid, spinlife or livewellmedical. prices vary so check first. i have a set, and would not be without them. you have to tell them your wheelchair/wheel models first, as specific ones have slightly different ways of fitting. i have a tilite tr, and the camber bar arrangement meant i had to modify the piston fitting for my chair...

http://www.sportaid.com/product.php?...CKS&mode=build

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps
    HERE SHE IS GUYS.

Your feet sure are "purdy"-LOL Girly sandals
    Nice chair btw.
    "The sweet is not as sweet without the bitter"
    ~"Vanilla Sky"~