Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone had a Novasure ablation done?

Anyone had a Novasure ablation done?

I'm having it done tomorrow and I can't wait to have no more periods and PMS! i've read some message board comments on what to expect but I'm curious for any SCI woman's comments. I have to admit though after feeling pretty nonchalant about the procedure i got a little nervous when my doc mentioned that 1 in 200,000 women croak from this procedure. But I have zero health problems, am rarely sick, eat well and we're just going to use a local anesthesia and sedative. So I should be ok right? Just in case though, I love you guys
    Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. Jonah Lehrer

I haven't, but am seriously considering it, or Thermachoice. I will be following this thread with interest.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Ah! I see. I hope things go well and you heal quickly.

Good luck tomorrow!

*fingers crossed* I've returned to normal after two years of hell. Someone must have been praying for me, lol.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Good Luck...I am sure everthing will go smoothly for you. Make sure you get plenty of rest tonight and try not to worry to much.

I've not had one, but type dozens and dozens of reports of the procedure (I'm a medical transcriptionist); not had any with even the least of complications! Good luck!

Thanks all for the well wishes! Sjean I'll let you know the results. Lynnifer glad your having an easier time of it, I'm really doing it for the convenience and in preparation for a probable mitro in the future. Marm thanks that helps

Hey people I'm back. I was at the surgery center for a little over 3 hours and so far it is easier than when I had my wisdom teeth pulled! The only note worthy event was they changed anesthesiologists on me but the replacement is the medical director of the center so I guess he's no flunky. He actually screened me before accepting my surgery because they were wary of having a Tetra on their hands. I guess they were expecting a depressed and sickly person because after seeing me he sent over another Anesthesiologist to see "the remarkable woman". lol civillians Anyway I don't even remember feeling woozy, no count to 10 or anything; I didn't even get a chance to tell my Doc there was $20 in it for him if he didn't puncture my uterus, lol, Buck's joke. I woke up 10 minutes after they were done and completly snapped out of it in another 10 min. The doc said it went great, although I had 2 polyps that he sent for biopsy. Then I came home ate, went on the deck for some sun and read the newspaper. I just took a Motrin in case I start to get any cramps [I have some sensation].

If anyone, who is healthy, is putting off this surgery cause you think it's a hassle, forget about it. At least so far, I'll let you know if I change my mind.

Glad to hear you are doing well.

Hi,

Wonderful news to the "remarkable woman." I guess I don't need to remind you to keep moving around and avoid pressure.

AAD