Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help! I'm stuck :(

Help! I'm stuck :(

So I'm in my car going to farmer's market and look down at my MKIV A controller on my Invacare Torque chair and see it flashing. Great. God forbid it happen at home. This has happened before but usually I just turn it off and it rights itself. Not today, a Sunday, a hot day, the day before I'm having surgery. grrrrr. So my nice new neighbor got me into my house so I can bitch on cc, yay! Anyway my manual said 3 flashing bars means the left or right motor circuit open. Can anyone explain that? I saw wires from the controller cord were exposed so I taped it with electrical tape , it didn't help. My silly mother called a friend who is "mechanical" to come look at my chair. Eeks.
    Last edited by leschinsky; 07-22-2007 at 03:59 PM.
    Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. Jonah Lehrer

Hi Les - I have an Invacare Cheetah, so the error messages may be the same, three flashing lights means one of the motors is disengaged, usually caused by my father who instead of flicking each one on with his fingers (as everyone else does) just gives each switch a quick kick! Try pushing the switches firmly to the on position.

Surgery? Mine Gott! Nothing serious I hope.

Get well soon,

Jonathan.

Quote Originally Posted by Timaru
    Hi Les - I have an Invacare Cheetah, so the error messages may be the same, three flashing lights means one of the motors is disengaged, usually caused by my father who instead of flicking each one on with his fingers (as everyone else does) just gives each switch a quick kick! Try pushing the switches firmly to the on position.

Surgery? Mine Gott! Nothing serious I hope.

Get well soon,

Jonathan.
    OMG you're a genius! how has that never happened before I wonder. And why didn't the controller manual write motor is disengaged instead of circuit open? The surgery is elective, I posted a thread in Care but a forewarning, it's chick thing. Thanks Johnathan

Quote Originally Posted by leschinsky
    OMG you're a genius! how has that never happened before I wonder. And why didn't the controller manual write motor is disengaged instead of circuit open? The surgery is elective, I posted a thread in Care but a forewarning, it's chick thing. Thanks Johnathan
    Glad to be of service Ma'am.

Saw the other thread - best of luck tomorrow.

my rotten ass girls, love to disengage one of my motors and leave....knowing my chair will spin 360 at what feels like 60mph...before i can get it sopped...rissa did it to me in wal-mart yesterday...she kicks it out as i'm going, to see what i'll hit....rotten ass girls....

Cause "Circuit Open" means the motors not engaged.. It just costs more to read.

Good luck tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Patonb
    Cause "Circuit Open" means the motors not engaged.. It just costs more to read.
    And it sounds more techie. But manuals are written, supposedly, for the user not a technition! I would have been po'd at Invacare if I would have called a company to come and fix it [not to mention embarrassed]. Ahhh! Maybe there's a Dummies book for electronics.

justadildo your girls are hilarious

Thanks guys.

whenever I see those flashing lights, I get so scared that something serious is wrong with the chair, but the first thing I check are the clutch switches, and usually that's the problem :-)

I like when wheelchair problems are easily solved

I have a 3G Arrow with MKIV A controller and the same code however the chair still operates. When it three bars I just turn it off and back on and the code goes away. When I first turn it on if I wait about 20-30 secs before touching the stick it doesn't code. Repair shop tried a different joystick and it showed the code too. They called Invacare and replaced the left GB moter. Still codes. Now I'm waiting for them to get off their arses and figure it out. Today they won't take calls or messages but that is a separate issue.