Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Well ... It's Sold!

Quote Originally Posted by darkeyed_daisy
    LOL I just want a small place that I can change my own light bulbs...
    A Finn to hold the light bulb while ten Swedes turn the house?

Obieone,

Even though I do not post here often, I check in almost every day. Just wanted to let you know that your words have often lightened my day, and I am sure many others as well.

Please know that you and your family are in our prayers. Maybe you could go on a roadtrip and visit CC members along the way

Take care,
    Jennifer
    Jennifer - Married to Jeremy (C-5 inc. brown-sequard) mommy of two little drama queens

Obieone,
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and Bill. May this change find you on a less bumpy, more peaceful path.

Ob--all the collected light I have harbored from you over the years...bounced back to you...hang in, be well..you are loved.

Mary
    1FineSpineRN

You asked for prayers... you've got it

Obieone,
    I can so relate to what you are going through. We also decided that we need to move from our beautiful home that we have fixed up and made accessible for my husband. It sold in one day. We are moving 200 miles away to a cheaper warmer climate, even though it is plenty warm here most of the time. This is what he wants. We are also deciding whether or not to separate. He was injured almost 4 years ago and made quite a bit of recovery. He is a walking quad, but struggles. Is angry, abusive and not appreciative of any one else but himself. He used to be the nicest guy I ever met in my life. I miss that guy. I just can't take it anymore. We are moving from a large house to a small house. I am going to get him settled and then move 7 hours away to what once was a vacation home for us. We sold our home so that we could get the money out of it, as it was almost paid for. I am so sad, and scared I could just crawl in a hole and never come out. I never thought it would come to this. We are not divorcing for financial and medical insurance reasons. I still love him, but can't live this life anymore. The rest of our family deserted us 2.5 years ago. He has become bitter and mean and sees nothing but a black future. Sorry to carry on so... just don't know where to turn.

Oh my kittim ... I'm sorry for what you are going through too .... Jesus Mary and Joseph ... maybe in our next life there will be some pay back ..... I try to look at everything in my life as a lesson to be learned ... sometimes it makes me stronger , sometimes more compassionate, sometimes more empathetic, sometimes more humble, sometimes more patient ..... you get the picture ... and sometimes I get stuck in the anger ..... for awhile ... but if we get stuck there too long it takes its toll on everyone we touch .... we make hard decisions like the ones you've made because ultimately we need to survive ..... it must have been gut wrenching for you ... who knows it may be exactly what was needed to be done for your husband to go forward ..... he just may thank you some day ... {{{hug}}} .... I wish you peace !

Thanks again everyone your words have touched my heart ......

Obieone
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

kittim-

We rarely talk about how we often run off our lovers, post-SCI. I've seen a lot of cases that look like the AB partner abandoning the SCI'd one, when really for whatever reason the SCI changed or needed to get on with life alone.

I'm not putting this well. I'm trying to say, please don't be owned by guilt. If he's mean to you, you should go, just as you would an ab partner. I hate when people stay together because of SCI, instead of in spite of it.

Obione. I'm sorry to read this. you've always been so strong, I know you and Bill will pull through this too............

I'm sorry Obie and I grieve for your loss. I grieve for every home I ever left, no matter what the reason for leaving. There's no way around it, even if the loss turns out to be the best thing that ever happened once you are on the other side of it. I hope that is how it turns out for you and Bill. It's just hard to let go of the life in your home and start a new one. It's HOME,it's hard to leave. It's okay to grieve. It's okay to cry. You don't have to be a rock 24/7. Crying doesn't make you weak. It just washes out your eyes so you can see your path better.
    "I just want you to know, it was the best time ever." J.F.F.