Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: wheelchair day (caution vent)

wheelchair day (caution vent)

So today I had one of those days which I usually call a "wheelchair day"

Kind of like maybe I'm "adjusting" and going about life when suddenly something happens which frustrates me and I get a little mopey. THese days make me feel "stuck" in a chair if that makes sense.

SO I was trying to water my plants since it NEVER rains here anymore. I'm aggravated bc there is no good way to drag a water hose while pushing a chair through loose gravel. If you know of a way besides trying to hold it with your chin while pushing please tell me.

Next my fridge is going out (gone out). It hasn't been cooling right about a week. THe freezer is about as cold as a fridge should be and the fridge nothing. My landlord is gone until sat. It is making a racket. Can't really drag it out and unplug it. I thought I could flip the breaker. THen I realize duh I can't fit in the little pantry where the breaker box is so I have to listen to it.

I go ride my handcycle on a new path this afternoon. I've been eyeing it a while. It's new, paved and not too far from me. I'm riding along and get to one of those little bridge things they have goin gover creeks. Well there's a big yellow pole in the middle of the path blocking the bridge. I think they are there to keep 4 wheelers or whatever off. I don't know. Do you? ANyway I can't fit between the pole and the wall of the bridge. IS this right? I'll try to take a picture sometime. SO I have to turn around and go back. I barely got started.

So I go to the little store near here. It's a little old grocery that I only go to about once a month when I run out of something or just need a few things. Here there's a man parking in the HC spot. Not only parked there but parked diagonally (obviously in a hurry) so that I can't even use the other one. No biggy it was a pretty empty lot. I go in to get a little something to eat since everything in my fridge is ruined. Of course the stupid atm thing is way above my head so someone has to read it to me and punch in my PIN. THey just remodeled this store so shouldn't they have changed this?

So just another day that made me feel like complaining. Anyway I came home and ate my yummy food and I'm feeling a little better. Anyone else have a bad day?
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

You need a massage baby cakes???

Quote Originally Posted by addiesue
    So today I had one of those days which I usually call a "wheelchair day"

Kind of like maybe I'm "adjusting" and going about life when suddenly something happens which frustrates me and I get a little mopey. THese days make me feel "stuck" in a chair if that makes sense.

SO I was trying to water my plants since it NEVER rains here anymore. I'm aggravated bc there is no good way to drag a water hose while pushing a chair through loose gravel. If you know of a way besides trying to hold it with your chin while pushing please tell me.

Next my fridge is going out (gone out). It hasn't been cooling right about a week. THe freezer is about as cold as a fridge should be and the fridge nothing. My landlord is gone until sat. It is making a racket. Can't really drag it out and unplug it. I thought I could flip the breaker. THen I realize duh I can't fit in the little pantry where the breaker box is so I have to listen to it.

I go ride my handcycle on a new path this afternoon. I've been eyeing it a while. It's new, paved and not too far from me. I'm riding along and get to one of those little bridge things they have goin gover creeks. Well there's a big yellow pole in the middle of the path blocking the bridge. I think they are there to keep 4 wheelers or whatever off. I don't know. Do you? ANyway I can't fit between the pole and the wall of the bridge. IS this right? I'll try to take a picture sometime. SO I have to turn around and go back. I barely got started.

So I go to the little store near here. It's a little old grocery that I only go to about once a month when I run out of something or just need a few things. Here there's a man parking in the HC spot. Not only parked there but parked diagonally (obviously in a hurry) so that I can't even use the other one. No biggy it was a pretty empty lot. I go in to get a little something to eat since everything in my fridge is ruined. Of course the stupid atm thing is way above my head so someone has to read it to me and punch in my PIN. THey just remodeled this store so shouldn't they have changed this?

So just another day that made me feel like complaining. Anyway I came home and ate my yummy food and I'm feeling a little better. Anyone else have a bad day?
    And the truth shall set you free.

Yes I do my shoulder hurts a bit..........
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

<Claps hands a la Mr Miyagi>

Here comes the healing...
    And the truth shall set you free.

Addiesue, I wrap the water hose,vacum cleaner, hose, whatever around my shoulders and tuck the end between me and the armrest. Don't know if theis will work for you, but give it a try. Hope tomorrow is much better to help make up for today.
    www.cawvsports.org
    The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. ~ Don Juan Matus
    We are Virginia Tech… We must laugh again… No one deserves a tragedy… We are strong, and brave, and innocent, and unafraid…We are better than we think and not quit what we want to be…We are the Hokies…We will prevail, we will prevail, we will prevail. We ARE Virginia Tech! ~ Nikki Giovanni

You have no idea how bad my day was. Most of it was spent in tears. Film at 11:00p.
    "Music will always find its way to us, with or without business, politics, religion, or any other bullshit attached. Music survives everything, and like God it is always present. It needs no help, and suffers no hindrance. It has always found me, and with God's blessing and permission, it always will." Eric Clapton

Don't know how / can't help with the rest of it but I would start thinking about how to modify, cover or otherwise get around that gravel.

Have a better one Auddiesue.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

Most of it is just me complaining. I wondered about the yellow pole. I've seen these at several parks. Anyone else hav ethem in their area? Also are they required to have one of the credit card things that tilts or is down at our level or is that one of those areas it doesn't matter.

My entire drive and garage is gravel. I hate it. I have some plywood down in the garage and up to where I park to help. I don't park in there bc the ramp takes up the room. It's only one car.

I don't have armrests. I know lucky para.
    I rent so I'm not about to spend a bunch of money somewhere I won't stay. The hose is on one side ot the drive while the flowers are on the other.

Yes, I have seen those poles as well. I'm glad you mentionsed it, I was planning on heading out to the local rails to trails bike path soon, will double check the pole thing first!

Sorry about your fridge, the gravel, the aborted ride and everything else!

Hope tomorrow is better!
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Funny how it's the little things that make you want to just toss a brick through someone's window. You most certainly are a tough chick though addie sue (btw, I'll keep your identity a secret ). Saaaay, don't I owe you 32 cents? LOL!