Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Mystery movie question

Quote Originally Posted by IanTPoulter
    Johnny Mnemonic? Im a big fan of William Gibson.
    Not even warm.

Ian, I've got additional clues backed up but feel it necessary to discipline myself to drop them on a daily basis. Eventually the movie will become so well outlined that anyone vaguely familiar will guess it. I figure one of you geeks will get it way before that level of reveal takes place.

I will say that my full reveals post the right guess will follow the pattern of the previous two and give thorough illustration of the comments and clues.* I've got a real nice image from this one that will have a lot of people kicking themselves for not getting it.

*But this line may be found objectionable by some post the reveal. "The movie comes in over five major languages, at least two of which offer distinct variations of the main character."
    Last edited by Juke_spin; 07-23-2007 at 06:14 PM.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

Tuesday MMQ Clue

Critic's quote:

"It’s not necessary to worship every piece of philosophical dialogue to appreciate the work here, but it is obviously intelligent dialogue, even if it does come out a bit comically through the dubbing."
    J.B.S.Haldane

Quote Originally Posted by christopher
    Pop quiz, hotshot! (that's a bonus quote )
    Speed - Sandra Bullock, Keanu Reeves, Jeff Daniels and the quote is thanks for Dennis Hopper? Do I win something???

The rest of the quote:

"Pop quiz, hotshot! There's a bomb on a bus. Once the bus goes 50 miles an hour, the bomb is armed. If it drops below 50, it blows up. What do you do? What do yooou doooo?" (I love the way Hopper says the last part).
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Thank you, thank you.

It was Strange Days, by the way.

And another one from a classic I rewatched last weekend.

I'm not. I'm lucky. I feel lucky because it's wrong, Danny. It's wrong and it was eating me up, it was going to kill me. And I kept asking myself all the time, how did I buy into this s**t? It was because I was pissed off, and nothing I ever did ever took that feeling away. I killed two guys, Danny, I killed them. And it didn't make me feel any different. It just got me more lost and I'm tired of being pissed off, Danny. I'm just tired of it.
    Pop quiz, hotshot! (that's a bonus quote )
    Now that this cat's out of the bag I've got to ask. I just came from the IMDB cast listing: who's Danny?
    J.B.S.Haldane

Lynnifer wins! Free accommodation in Montreal!

Juke, Danny is Derek's brother.

Question

Lynnifer wins! Free accommodation in Montreal!

Juke, Danny is Derek's brother.
    Uh, in what movie would this Derek and Danny be found. I'm niether up on nor a big fan of the flick but IMDB's cast listing has no Danny nor Derek in "Speed".
    J.B.S.Haldane

That quote's not from speed.

The scene most remembered for its brutality and shock value from the movie in question involves a curb.

Is the other movie Gattaca?

That quote's not from speed.

The scene most remembered for its brutality and shock value from the movie in question involves a curb.
    Now that one I know. It's a bit confusing when you give the above quote and then add the "Here's a bonus..." Clear in retrospect but confusing as 1st posted.

No on Gattaca.
    J.B.S.Haldane

Quote Originally Posted by Juke_spin
    Now that one I know. It's a bit confusing when you give the above quote and then add the "Here's a bonus..." Clear in retrospect but confusing as 1st posted.
    I was way about a quote and clue that were from 2 diff. movies. I feel that if anyone didn't get the ''hotshot'' clue, you aren't a movie buff as that was too easy. I just read this thread moments ago and will give an effort from here on out.

Jukie will post very obscure film quotes and hints that may prove to be impossible.

My attempt ck.. American History X

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia