Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 88

Thread: Scientology

  1. #21
    Sidenote: We all know what Wiki is and take it for that.

    There has got to be another forum around that needs an authority on EVERYTHING.

  2. #22
    TR,

    After disclosing what you believe about yourself, I find it laughable that you'd call Jesus "crazy." Also, contrary to your assertion, your beliefs are no more based on facts than any of ours.
    Last edited by Le Todd; 07-17-2007 at 03:11 PM.


  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Français
    After disclosing what you believe about yourself, I find it laughable that you'd call Jesus "crazy."
    You people do miss the point. All new religions are considered crazy by the societies they spring up in and so are their founders. Over time, they may grow to spread around the world, gaining millions of followers and believers. As more time passes and power shifts, religions may fall out of favor and be replaced by new beliefs. Eventually what was a major, world belief can be considered ancient superstition. It's happened over and over again throughout history. Do you think that the Greek or the Egyptians could picture the fall of their civilizations and the destruction of their temples? The Mayans? Ancient Chinese? Take a look around yourself. All that stands will eventually crumble and fall.

    contrary to your assertion, your beliefs are no more based on facts than any of ours.
    How would you know? I've given very little detail about my beliefs. And why do you keep trying to put me and my beliefs down anyway? Do they threaten yours in some way? Do you think I care what you think or that your ridicule will somehow affect my spirituality? Is this how you represent your own faith?

    C.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Racing
    How would you know? I've given very little detail about my beliefs. And why do you keep trying to put me and my beliefs down anyway? Do they threaten yours in some way? Do you think I care what you think or that your ridicule will somehow affect my spirituality? Is this how you represent your own faith?

    C.
    Don't project yourself onto me. You've made snide remarks about the beliefs of others while claiming yours are based on fact.

    A psychologist would read this http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showpos...0&postcount=87 and have you declared certifiable.


  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Français
    You've made snide remarks about the beliefs of others
    When have I gone out of my way to insult someone for that sole purpose the way that you and others do to me on a daily basis?

    A psychologist would read this http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showpos...0&postcount=87 and have you declared certifiable.
    So hypocrisy is a Xian thing? You're bashing me for supposedly ridiculing your beliefs and to make your point you're ridiculing mine?

    Out of curiousity, how is my belief and honour of a pantheon of gods any more "certifiable" than is your belief in one? Born of a virgin, raising the dead, water to wine, a father sacrificing his own son, ressurection... Gosh, how do you keep a straight face while asserting that any of that is true??

    And once again, you've utterly ignored the point of the thread and all relative comments and questions I've raised. Amazing how many people are more interested in talking about me than about the topic.

    C.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Français
    Don't project yourself onto me. You've made snide remarks about the beliefs of others while claiming yours are based on fact.

    A psychologist would read this http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showpos...0&postcount=87 and have you declared certifiable.
    Nice one Todd


    JimmyMack
    JimmyMack
    Member: New Jersey Commission on Spinal Cord Reasearch
    http://www.state.nj.us/health/spinalcord/index.shtml

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Racing
    As opposed to the crazy shit made up by Jews 2000 yrs ago?
    Not to offensive. The mere fact that you refer to Christianity as Xian is offensive.Who does that?


    JimmyMack
    JimmyMack
    Member: New Jersey Commission on Spinal Cord Reasearch
    http://www.state.nj.us/health/spinalcord/index.shtml

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Racing
    And once again, you've utterly ignored the point of the thread and all relative comments and questions I've raised. Amazing how many people are more interested in talking about me than about the topic.
    C.
    Dr Youmgs point was that scientology has nothing to do with science, and he proved his point, he also gave general backrgound on L.Ron Hubbard himself from several different sources not just Wiki.

    One point of interest was that L. Ron Hubbard thought he was Satan incarnate, this was from the mouth of his son L. Ron Hubbard Jr. he also provided links.

    People generally get treated the way they treat people (mental note)

    JimmyMack
    JimmyMack
    Member: New Jersey Commission on Spinal Cord Reasearch
    http://www.state.nj.us/health/spinalcord/index.shtml

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Racing
    Out of curiousity, how is my belief and honour of a pantheon of gods any more "certifiable" than is your belief in one? Born of a virgin, raising the dead, water to wine, a father sacrificing his own son, ressurection... Gosh, how do you keep a straight face while asserting that any of that is true??

    C.
    My critique on your beliefs is not about your beliefs, but more about you. You have a condescending way of expressing yourself and flaunting your beliefs.

    How do you keep a straight face while asserting gods and goddesses talk to you, that you've met Death, are a chosen one and have a fucking altar in your house? I never claimed Jesus telephoned me, or that I'm chosen, nor do I build shrines in my home.

    I simply have faith in a Creator deity and embrace Christian theology. That doesn't mean I'm absolutely right.


  10. #30
    OK, seriously, I have met Death and I am a Chosen Daughter of Athena and have been privileged to have her direct influence and communication in my life since I was a child. I am also devoted to Hephaistos, as it only makes sense for me to honor the god of technology, especially considering the fact that he happens to be crippled. I will also have an altar to Hestia in my new home and I give honour to each of the gods as appropriate. I hope to get to know the spirits around my new home and to show respect to them as well.

    --------------------------------------------------------------------

    No shit? This is a gem. Where the hell has this tidbit been hiding?
    Last edited by NoDecafPlz; 07-17-2007 at 07:03 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •