Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Scientology

Quote Originally Posted by Juke_spin
    There's one big difference. I was able to do a few clicks and get the Scientology one to play. Your link provided a frustrating seven minutes or so of experiment and no v-clip.
    Is this the one?
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=_ISNoNuIX0Y

Quote Originally Posted by David Berg
    Maybe a piece of the episode; I did the same youtube "Mormon southpark" search but a whole ep. doesn't seem to come up. Come to think, Ian's link was to a fun/mock of Scientology gullibility of membership (or people suitable for membership), not to a SouthPark ep. on Scientology.

Thanks for trying though.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

No that's a different one, All about Mormons described the the founding. Wiki's description is a little sparse.
    Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. Jonah Lehrer

Quote Originally Posted by leschinsky
    No that's a different one, All about Mormons described the the founding. Wiki's description is a little sparse.
    I've read "Salamander: The Story of the Mormon Forgery Murders". Anyone who has has a pretty thorough introduction to Mormonism in the 1980s as well as a good insight into the hypocrisy of it.

Mark Hofmann, 32, pled guilty to two bombing murders in Salt Lake City in 1985, a case that made national headlines. Apparently a successful rare documents collector and church-going family man, Hofmann was really a skillful forger and con artist. A third bomb accidentally exploded in his car, sending Hofmann to the hospital and his undoing. Many of his forgeries cast doubt on traditional views of early Mormonism and were potentially embarrassing to church leaders who purchased them. The leaders were in contact with Hofmann just prior to the murders, which were an attempt to prevent discovery and financial ruin.
    http://www.amazon.com/Salamander-Sto...5829756&sr=1-3
    J.B.S.Haldane

"So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C
    Unlike that Las Vegas sheriff, I'd rather face the shit hitting the fan than stick myself in the midst of the weirdos running that Scientology compound.
    J.B.S.Haldane

Yeah, but what are you going to do when your the sheriff of the Village of the Damned?

"So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C
    Yeah, but what are you going to do when your the sheriff of the Village of the Damned?

If I remember right, keep my thoughts to myself and then blow them all to hel.
    J.B.S.Haldane